1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heart-warming coming out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SoCalBob, Sep 28, 2015.

1. SoCalBob

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is not my coming out story. I did that many years ago and it was very difficult. That's a story for another time. This is about a young woman whose name I do not know. I've never really met her, and will likely never see her again. But I had to share this story!

A few months ago I was attending a concert with my partner, and while standing in line waiting to get in we overheard a conversation that brought me to tears. In front of us was a mother and her twenty-something year old daughter talking about the lovely outdoor venue and how it would be perfect for a wedding. At one point during the conversation the daughter turned to her mom and said "You know my wedding is going to be a two dress wedding", to which the mom replied "Oh, one for the ceremony and one for the reception?" The daughter laughed and said "No, mom, I mean there will be two dresses IN the wedding!" The mom didn't even miss a beat and said "Well sure, I kind of figured that". The conversation then continued as if this young lady hadn't just dropped (what most parents would consider) a huge bomb on mom.

I turned to my partner with tears in my eyes and saw that he, too, had heard the conversation and was affected by it. I wish all parents could be this accepting of their children! I will never forget this mom and her beautiful, animated, brave, lesbian daughter and the way mom simply accepted her for the wonderful person she (obviously) is!

2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's so sweet...
    Ah, it would bring me to tears to see that...I wish everybody was that accepting,

3. 50ishandout

Great story. Glad you shared it. What a dynamite mother.