1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I kind of just freaked out and told my mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ThatBorussenGuy, Sep 28, 2015.

1. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It went... oddly. I'm not quite sure she's 100% sure what transgender is, and I wasn't in my right mind to really explain it to her. She still sees me as her "little girl" and I suppose I kind of expected that. It's alright, though. She knows and she said she loves me just the same, which, considering she's a devout Jehovah's Witness, is kind of a big deal in a religion that tells them to shun people like me. I mean, I'd like for her to call me by my chosen name and by male pronouns, but for now, she knows and she's not treating me any different. That's more than I could have asked for.

So... yeah. That just happened. Still not quite sure how (or if) I'll ever tell my father.

#1 ThatBorussenGuy, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is awesome! Congrats!

It takes time for sure for it all to sink in (on both sides)!

So proud of you. I will be sending good thoughts on your decision on telling your Father!

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Woah, well Congrats to you brother!

Sometimes I wonder if I'll come out spontaneously, or through a slip of the tongue...

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, congratulations! You have taken a step which took a lot of courage - no matter how you said it, or the circumstances of your coming out. Well done.

It's wonderful that your mom is supportive and accepts you, and can leave her religious beliefs aside. I am sure with time, she will come around to call you by your chosen name, and use the correct pronouns. If you can, try to talk with your mom about what you are experiencing, and involve her in your life, as much as you can or feel comfortable with. This could help her in making the minor adjustments.

If you are not sure hot to come out to your dad at this point, that's okay. Take your time. :slight_smile:

5. SHIELDAgentAlex

Good on you, mate!

Also, this made me LOL for some reason, considering that I told my friend I was what Santa said (ho ho ho. Get it?) when I told her I was gay, and she didn't get it for three days.

6. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Way to go! (high five) Even if it was abrupt and sudden, the truth came out and it went good. Best of luck telling Dad!