1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to a few people.... feels so amazing!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by confusedmind, Jan 8, 2009.

1. confusedmind

confusedmind Guest

I watched Shelter four or five days ago, and ever since seeing it, I've changed the whole way that I look at myself.

I've stopped trying to push away the thoughts that I have about guys. If I'm gonna be happy and healthy, I need to stop pretending that I'm totally straight. Because now I know I'm not.

So I woke up on Tuesday morning and did it. I called one of my closest friends, who moved to another province 3 months ago, and I started talking... and crying... and came out to her. I am not an emotional person, and I hate being a burden on others, but I did it! She was amazing. She couldn't believe how long I've been hiding it, because I have known for 4 or 5 years, but couldn't admit it to myself.

I also told my other closest (male) friend, I tried for 2 days to tell him, but couldn't. So I wrote him a letter, and met him on campus at my university and gave it to him. I told him to read it when he was alone, and then burn it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So, now it's started. I don't want to to public as bi, but at least I am not the only person who knows it. I've been pretty depressed and down on myself over the last few months because of this, but now I feel amazing. It's such a relief!!

2. EM68

Welcome to EC! Congrats on coming out! It must be such a relief. I plan to come out to my parents on Sunday. I can not wait. I just want to get it over with.

3. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Well done, it must have taken a lot of courage but I'm glad things have worked out so well and you've got two good friends to support you.

Note to self: must watch Shelter

4. cjtom

cjtom Guest

Congrat's dude!!! :thumbsup:

I keep hearing alot about this 'Shelter' film...must be really great if it inspired you to do that???!!!

5. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congratz! Now Every Day From Now On Will Hopefully Go Uphill For You. Best Of Luck Telling Everyone Else. And Don't Rush Things, You Can Tell Them When Your Ready.

6. confusedmind

confusedmind Guest

Thanks, everyone. Life just seems so much less depressing now that I've told a few people.

And yeah... watch Shelter! Amazing movie. Very emotional and moving.

7. 1974

Congrats it feels better doesnt it ? :icon_bigg

8. foxkid777

Thats awesome =] it feels good to let it out to your friends

9. Urman

Urman Guest

Yay congrats