1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally did the coming out thing!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sailingonwards, Sep 30, 2015.

1. sailingonwards

So in school on Monday I had to present a video about my identities... it was for health class. So I talked about bullying, and my experiences with it, and it ended with me coming out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In class, people were super nice and supportive, which was awesome, so I posted a bisexuality joke on Instagram (it was the logos of my two sports teams, plus a stripe of the bisexuality flag, with the text "I guess you could say I play for both teams") and holy cow the comments were all so nice and I'm still really happy :grin:

I also posted on Facebook "bi the way..." and tagged it as "celebrating coming out." The comments there were awesome, a bit more articulate as well, because it was a lot of comments from adult friends and relatives.

So I'm happy about that still, but slightly nervous. Because Sunday (if the hurricane doesn't cancel everything) will be my first time since coming out that I will see people from the sports team where I was bullied.

But I have the rules on my side (rule 69 is about sportsmanship and gross misconduct :lol: so there's that). And it works both ways (lol): if the jury has homophobic people on it, they'll know that people are being mean, and saying that I'm queer would be an insult. And if the jury has allies on it, they won't let idiots get away with being idiots.

So that's fun :grin:

2. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What a fun way to come out! You must live in a nice socially liberal place to have such a good public reaction to that. Even though everyone (for the most part) around me are socially liberal, I would never have the courage to do that now, let alone your age in that way.

3. sailingonwards

Yeah I do live in a very liberal place. Mostly. Unless you count my sports league. :/ but like I said, the rules are on my side.

4. Acuba403

Congrats on the amazing response, hope I get the same response when I come out.

5. sailingonwards

I really hope you do :grin: