1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confirmed it for my cousin

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by thebikelady, Jan 8, 2009.

1. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I have wondered ever since I posted my "interested in" on facebook if my cousins had noticed.

Last night my Mom and I were talking about the tacky Christmas/Thank You cards that my brother's wife sent out. "Thank you for your prayers, attendance, and wedding gift." They got sent to anybody who was on any draft of the wedding invite list, even if the were never sent an invite. My Mom laughed and popped out with "I hope they didn't send one to Pat. You know he's one of those queers who doesn't pray." Now Pat is super mega obvious (Mom is cool with it), yet my brother is oblivious to that and the lack of religion. Pat was also never invited to the wedding. I think this girl "forgot" or some crap like that.

When Mom made that comment, I wanted to say "hey, me too" or "just like me." Something of that nature at least. I chickened out. But it gave me the perfect chance to put on my facebook status "Monica is apparently like her great uncle Pat." I knew my cousin could not resist responding.

"you sing showtunes at inappropriate moments?"--which he totally does

"you have a pair of red plaid pants that you only wear to weddings?"--yeah, they were awesome

"despite your irish heritage, you insist on painting on dramatic black eyebrows?"--even with snow white hair he did this

I took the opportunity to send her a private message explaining the situation, and how mom seems to be clueless on both accounts with me. And now the wait. Will post back.

2. Mickey

Whew! Good luck!

3. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks! Sadly she is not an internet junkie like me and has not been on yet. I know it will go well. I just want to be a bit more open.

4. Urman

Urman Guest

Best of luck to you tell us how it goes

5. foxkid777

Good luck =] hope it all works out

6. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks. The bloody wait is killing me here. It is a shame I didn't have work to distract me today.

7. Shyvin

Good luck! Keep us all posted!

8. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hahaha. I think she totally missed the queer part. She only addressed how my sister is teaching my niece that I will be going to hell because I don't go to church. (I had noted that in my original message to her.) And that we need more Pats in the world to jump up in the middle of dinner and serenade us with show tunes.

Take 2 of my message involved me asking how sensible a girl's shoes have to be before they figure it out. Now more waiting.

9. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Haha you have to see the funny side when people manage to miss out the obvious lol. Good luck with it anyway and hope she gets the drift soon!!

10. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It could be that she is so aware of it that she didn't think twice about what was said. But I like confirmation. hahaha. I am so needy like that.

11. Shyvin

You should construct some sort of rudimentary song and dance to spell it out. Tape it, and upload it for all of us to see! Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hahahahaha That would be awesome!

13. Cheese Love

I hope it goes well second time around :]

14. musican

I know what you mean about needing confirmation, when I came out, I still felt uncomfortable actually saying "I'm gay" but then I wasn't sure that the people I was coming out to understood :eusa_doh: It was frustrating because I didn't just want to say it, but I wanted to make sure that they knew; it was harder because I never expected everyone I've told so far to react so well so I thought that everyone had misunderstood.

15. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Uh oh. My aunt just called to see if we (Mom and I) wanted to go out to eat tonight. Yeah, my cousin lives at home with her. hmmmmm

16. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Officially a bit freaked out.

17. Kid Quasar

Freaked out? So I'm taking that she got the hint the second time around? Or are you a bit freaked out?

18. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    As in I have not received a reply, but she was on last night to update her status. And the timing is very convenient for this random Sunday meal. Random meals usually happen on Saturday. I am thinking maybe she and my aunt decided it was best to get it out in the open or something. I don't know.

19. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, that was uneventful.

20. musican

Eventful good or eventful bad?