1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out As Agender!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by VictoryForEarth, Oct 7, 2015.

1. VictoryForEarth

Okay, so my best friend girlfriend (call her Nellie) now, came up to me at lunch.

To give you some backround, yesterday I wrote a note with the word 'agender' on it, along with my preferred pronouns (they/them). I gave them to her and told her not to open it until the next period and to do some research. Lunch is the only time I see her in school, so I wouldn't see her until the next day.

So today she says, "[name], I was worried you were anorexic or suicidal or something and it turns out you're just agender? You scared me!"

I was almost crying with relief because I had been scared she would think I was doing it for attention.

She then added. "Seriously, you could murder the world and I would be your friend." She then paused. "Well, I guess to murder the world you'd have to murder me too, and yourself, but SCREW logic I'm trying to be comforting!"

I asked her if she had done research and she said,

"I already knew what agender was, silly! [Name], I spend all my time on the internet looking for people to comfort. You think I don't know stuff like that?"

I smiled and shrugged, and she gave me a hug that lasted forever.

Another friend of mine (bisexual) came up to us and was like, "So what's up?"

We talked about things, and then I told Nellie that I wouldn't mind if she told anyone else, I just was too nervous to tell anyone myself.

And our friend was like, "What?"

"They're agender."

Our friend got that confused look I wear in algebra: "That's...when you're neither gender, right?"

"Yeah."

"Agh, I can't keep up with all these terms. You'll have to remind me all the time, sorry."

I can relate, I have problems with memory myself. I smile.

"I'm okay with that."

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations

Glad it went well.
    I love the "SCREW logic I'm trying to be comforting!" bit.

(!)

3. YinYang

This gives me hope :slight_smile: Congratulations! :eusa_clap

4. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wahhh cool i love it!!!!

5. Zeev

Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats, you at least managed to come out to at least one person. I haven't managed to tell anyone yet that I am agender.