1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So....I came out to my mom.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by StartANewLifE, Oct 12, 2015.

1. StartANewLifE

Finally decided to come out to my mom last night. Since she's far away back in the province, I had to come out through phone.

This is how it went, kinda:

She was not mad or raised her voice to me during the call. She's just cool, like not serious at all.

When I came home later. I found out that she called my sisters that she wants to talk to me (she didn't tell any of my siblings yet though).

I texted her to not tell my father yet. She didn't. She hasn't told any other member of my family yet. And she's asking me that we got to have a video chat this week when I'm finally available.

Oh well that's it. I said what I intended to say to her for a long time now. I'm just unsure if she'll accept me or not. I think she thought I was just kidding. I'm sure though, that I'm sure with who I am.

So far only her and my best friend knows.

2. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    That's a pretty crappy response from her and I'm sorry that she said these things. I hope it will go better when you video chat with her and she knows for certain that you're not kidding around. Good luck!

3. Liz81

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sorry it didn't go well. Not all parents are accepting, unfortunately, like some parents are. I do think it's a bit selfish for her to tell you what SHE wants. "I want you to court a girl," "I want to see grandchildren," "I want this, I want that." This is YOUR life. It's about YOU, not her. She needs to understand that. Of course, she could be just shocked and not knowing what she was saying so she's blurting out whatever comes to her mind. Give her time to process it. Hopefully it'll get better soon and she'll realize it's not about her or what she wants.

4. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm sorry that she didn't respond positively but I'm sure in time she'll come around, don't worry about it! :slight_smile:

#4 justin88, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  5. StartANewLifE

Well, I called her again today. She says she loves me no matter what but she keeps on bringing up the "girlfriend" and "grand children" card. Umm. Not sure of her for now. I think she needs some more time to take it in, and I'm glad that she's not telling everyone yet.