1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

long story, but i really need help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by young92, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. young92

So there's been a guy I've had an on and off crush on since freshman year (i'm a junior now). He's one of my best friends, and it's getting really complicated, and I really need your guys advice, or at least to vent. This is the same guy I've posted about before.
    --
    So me and "Simon" have been friends since freshman year. We met at the mall through a friend. Ever since we became really good friends. I've had a crush on him ever since, but I've dated girls, and so has he, so nothing between us ever really happened, other than me suspecting he was gay or bi and completely crushing on him.

He would always cuddle with me, and hold my hands as a joke, and would say he's my boyfriend, and stuff such as. It was amazing :slight_smile:

More recently, things have become really complicated. A few weeks ago, probably a little over a month ago, we met a gay guy, "Dylan" and it seemed like he hung out with the group every weekend. He also started crushing on Simon, and believe me I was jealous. Simon and Dillon became really close, and everyone started suspecting that something between them was happening. I really hated Dylan, not only because of him liking Simon, but also because he was ruining friendships between me and Simon, and other friends and Simon just so he could get closer to him. There were times that I wouldn't be invited places, because of Dylan, and that was horrible, because they were my friends before Dylan ever came into the picture.

One night, I did something i regret more than anything, there were some good effects, but I still regret it. I made out with Dylan on a dare, and afterwards he pretty much called all of my friends in the group, and told them i was bi (i told him before, when we first met him, because he seemed trustworthy). Everyone was okay with it and no one treats me any different, and Simon was really okay with it, and helped me out alot.

One night, Simon told me and Dylan that he was curious. Well it was more directed to Dylan, but it was only the three of us. And yes it really did hurt. They spent so much time just talking, and I sat there awkwardly. I really like him, and I hated being there, but I couldn't leave, they were at MY house. And I heard Dylan whisper to Simon that I was jealous of what was going on between Dylan and Simon, and I was, and I probably did argue with Dylan about it, haha.

Well that night passed, and ever since Dylan became a complete jack ass to me. I told Simon, and everyone else in the group. He said he had "power" over me and could ruin my life, and this definitely pissed everyone off, and everyone and Simon defended me, which meant alot. Pretty much everyone has stopped talking to Dylan, but I'm pretty sure Simon still talks to him.

But thats not the most complicated part. A few days after Simon said he was curious, he asks one of my best friends, "Allie" out on a date. Allie called me the night it happened, and told me, and asked me if I was okay with it (She knew I liked him, she was one of the first people I came out to), and asked me if I still liked him. I lied and told her No. She liked him too. So does pretty much every other girl that I've talked to recently, but he is super cute :slight_smile:. Well, they became really close, and are now together. It hurts seeing them together, I really liked him. I mean I'm so happy for them, they make such a nice couple. She really likes him (i've spent so many hours on the phone with her talking about it) and He seems to really like her. I am really happy for them, but I'm not really happy for myself.

I haven't been able to get him off my mind, in school I'll blank out and all i can think of is him, i can't sleep, and so many songs remind me of him. When he comes around, my heart really does skip a beat and I become really nervous, even though we've been really good friends for so long. I mean usually when someone calls me on the phone, I usually have something to talk about, but when he calls me, I'm so nervous, and don't know what to say, and sometime take forever to reply to his texts, because i don't know what to say (haha i know it sounds really stupid.) I mean he's one of my best friends, i shouldn't have to do this.

I decided that I needed to get over him, so I asked a girl who I knew kind of liked me out on a date to get him off my mind. That weekend I was supposed to hang out with him too, and I was way more excited for that then my date, which was a horrible feeling. I fealt like an ass for using "Morgan." I went on the date, and it went great. We went to the movies and saw Yes Man. Halfway through the movie Simon and Allie snuck into our movie to find us. (we were going to meet up after so they could meet Morgan, since they were on a date too). When he came into the movie and sat next to me, I became even nervouser than I was with just Morgan, but I was so happy he was there.

After wards we hung out for a bit, until Morgan had to leave, so me, Simon, Allie, and some other friends (not Dylan, because I told them that I don't want anything to with him).

I am starting to like Morgan, but I still like Simon, alot.
    It's a weird feeling, and I hate it. I really think Allie and Simon are a good couple and they are both really good friends, and I think me and Morgan would have a good relationship, but still.

What do I do? I need to get him off my mind. I don't want to think about him anymore like that. I'm tired of spending so much time thinking about something that will never happen, even though he did say he was curious, I doubt anything between me and him would ever happen, even though I wish it would.

sorry this was so long. but i really needed to get it all out.

#1 young92, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  2. young92

sorry for double posting. but i put this in the wrong forum. how do i move it?
    its supposed to be in the advice section

3. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    wou im sorprised of how much this story looks a little like mine o_o (just only with the oposite sex xD) but wait... wen dylan said he had power over you.. wat does that mean?

and ._. i would have love to have a "morgan" ... if u fell u ar doing something wrong by using her to forget simon then you should end it but, if u feel that you guys can get to something then go for it :grin:
    *random* yes man :O? is that movie good xD?

4. young92

yeah im thinking me and morgan can have a good relationship hopefully..
    and haha yes, yes man was a good movie!
    (but how do i move this topic to the right section. sorry about that, i must have clicked the wrng section)

5. n8i2c7k

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ya sorry this is going to be long. Really long...

Well, i think you really need to think this through and decide 100% either you want to go for this guy or you want to forget him. Any gray areas and things get confusing.

If you decide yes you want to stop crushing on him (if already you decide no, you love him, you can pretty much just skip to "On that note," in bold) then have that set in your mind. No more "he did say he was curious..." or "i wish he would." If you're crushing this hard on a guy and don't want to be then you have to make a commitment. You have to keep reminding yourself to stop.

Every time you think he's showing signs, every time you think "omg he's so cute", everytime you find yourself being attracted more to him, stop. Give yourself a mental slap in the face and tell yourself "stop". Remind yourself that he has a girlfreind, you have a girlfreind, and if any of that is going to work you need to stop crushing on him. You're just freinds.

If you're thinking "wow that's kinda harsh." well, sorry but honestly it sounds like you're pretty much in love with the guy, so getting over him is going to be hard. What helps? focusing on your relationship with your girlfreind.

And of course this doesn't mean you can't be freinds. I'm pretty sure i shouldn't have to tell you that right? But just make sure you don't end up pushing him away. You can still be really close freinds. Just not THAT close. And if he does "cuddle...hold [your] hands as a joke...say he's [your] boyfriend, and stuff" yes you can joke with him like that IF you're strong enough to keep reminding yourself about how it's only a joke and you are JUST freinds.

I think i do have to say, don't try too hard. I mean if you have bouts of depression, or lie awake in your bed all night, every night fighting with yourself to forget about him, or cry yourself to sleep (overstatements...i hope :confused:), i think you can safely say you can't forget about him and you need to come to terms with him.

On that note,

If you do decide that you can't just forget about him, or you realize you're in love with him, you need to get him somewere calm and private and have a little conversation.

Of course at that time you'll need to tell him how you feel about him. But also keep in mind you need to show respect to both your freindship and his relationship with his girlfreind. You can tell him you love him but that you honor (and will continue to honor) his current relationship and were your freindship is currently at; meaning you won't go all crazy and threaten the integrity any of the things mentioned by trying to break them up or whatever. Let him know you're not out to come between him and Allie but you just need to let it out and say how you feel.

Safely come to terms with him and see were you stand in his life. Then see were things go from there. Maybe letting it out will able you to move on and have a strong relationship with Morgan. Maybe you'll find out he's been in love with you this entire time. Maybe he isn't and he'll start distancing himself from you. I don't know. You should have faith though :}

Sorry i was never really good at giving advice but i hope this helps a bit :slight_smile:

6. DanielEdwards

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    When this type of situation will come in your life please don't interfere in their life.Just keep your friendship.

#6 DanielEdwards, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2020
  7. young92

thanks so much.
    i will definitely listen to your advice, it really helped.
    i probably wont talk to him about it though, i want to, but i doubt i can get enough courage to do it. and i dont want to risk our friendship.
    and you are good at giving advice :slight_smile:

thanks to everyone else too

8. young92

so today, funniest thing, allie called me worried that simon was gay because of the wa he's been acting lately. and ishe sad if he is, he's all mine. haha idk i thought it was funny

9. Fiorino

Try to respect your friendship, and the fact that he has a girlfriend.
    However, if the situation with his girlfriend thinking he's gay turns
    into something, then let him know how you feel. You might not
    get another chance, and even if it's intimidating, when the
    situation arises, you have to GO FOR IT!

If it doesn't work out-then you still have a great friendship and you
    should cherish it. At least you have him as a friend.

(*hug*)(*hug*)

And keep us updated

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I kind of had the same situation in October, with a close (guy) friend
    of mine who likes to flirt with me and mess with me. I started to have
    feelings for him, and wanted to go out with him. Suddenly, one of my
    best (girl) friends decides that she wants to break up with her current
    boyfriend because she wants to go out with him. She knew how I felt
    though, and asked if it was ok. I said yeah, and I helped do everything
    possible to make sure they got together. Which they did, and they still
    are. It's kind of awkward when they're all over eachother in the hallways
    (PDA is not illegal here), I've gotten used to it but it really hurt at first.
    They are so happy together though, so at least I did something good
    (um, Karma, my reward now please?).
    The wierd thing is that he gives me this look sometimes. But whatever,
    I wouldn't betray my friend, if he tried anything I'd say "No, you made
    your decision".

10. Evanfan

lol i find that funny too XD i'd just laugh right after she told you lol

11. young92

yeah thats what i was thinking. if the oppurtunity ever does arise, i will talk to him, but not yet. and i definitely will keep you updated.

yeah i helped get them together too, and i feel so weird seeing them together too.

you have to keep me updated too!

12. Fiorino

Well-the other day we were in the art room at school (our hang-out place)
    and I was sitting on one of the tables (as usual) and he kind of pulled on/
    played with my pant belt-loop (like, on my side), at first I thought it was
    my underwear haha. And then we were talking-and we had this intense
    look for a second. But his g/f came by us right afterward so it didn't last
    that long. She seemed a bit depressed yesterday, and she said it had to
    do with him. I have this feeling that I might have something to do with it,
    but she is a really good friend and even though I really want him, I kind
    of feel like if I take him from her, I'd be a bad person, even though she
    did the same thing (with my permission).

I'm bookmarking this thread so that I'll know when you update it!

13. techie01

Well if you and Morgan can have a solid relationship then go for it I think. I mean if Simmon is cute, can it be more than that? Can it be something meaningful? As for Dill, I would completely ignore him. People can tell that those kinds of peeps are trouble! That is a tough decision but I am firm believer to go with you gut! Good luck dood, let us know how it goes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.