1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has come out upwards of 50 times

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by pinkbee, Oct 23, 2015.

1. pinkbee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have had to 'come out' so many times to the same groups of people that I just gave up telling everyone. Even my closest friends forget and I have to remind them on almost a weekly basis. Like, guys, I know you mean well, but I don't want you to wave that 'cute guy' over because I am not attracted to him. I've had like four girlfriends, goddamn it.

Even my mother is still somehow convinced I'm straight. :lol: It's not that they're in denial, or unsupportive, I think they honestly forget. If your daughter or best friend left the house in six inch heels and red lipstick, you probably wouldn't assume she was out to pick up women.

But honestly, COME ON. Non capisco!

At some point I just gave up telling people. Now I just openly flirt with whichever random girl catches my eye and pray that she's magically an ultra-femme lesbian too.

Any of you lovelies have similar experiences? I'm just in pure awe at how easily people forget!

2. guitar

Maybe this is more of a girl thing? I've honestly never had anyone "forget" my sexuality. I have had girls tell me they wish I weren't gay, but as soon as I told friends/family I liked guys, they stopped trying to set me up with girls :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don't know you or your personality, but could it be that you "act straight" and/or are just "one of the girls?"

3. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am sorry about what is going on for you.How would you feel if you could fix this?Maybe if you feel up to it wear accessories which hints that you are lesbian such as a rainbow bracelet and others.But if this is not what you want maybe just talk about it with your friends and family members and they should be able to remember it.I have kinda the same problem where my dad keeps passing off my bisexuality as a phase and tried to believe I am straight.But I talk to him and he is starting to understand but this may help you also.Hopefully, somebody with more advice will reply.My mind is just blank tonight after school:grin:

4. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's actually really strange! The people I've come out to have never forgotten that I was gay. I mean, there would be moments where they would be talking about something and they'd go, "Oh, but steve's gay, so..." but it's never gotten to the point of them outright forgetting.

It could be what guitar said, and it may be a girl thing? Who knows. It sounds horribly frustrating, though LOL.

Well, if we were ever to go out and hang, I'd definitely try to find a hot girl for you. :wink:

5. pinkbee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awwww merci, mon chéri! I'll keep an eye out for cute boys for you too!

---------- Post added 24th Oct 2015 at 01:10 PM ----------

Seems you found something that worked for you :lol: I might sit a few of them down and have a chat, then :slight_smile: Thank you!

---------- Post added 24th Oct 2015 at 01:17 PM ----------

I've had guys tell me that too :slight_smile: I always offer for them to meet my friends :lol:

It must be a femme thing! I know women who 'fit' the stereotype look never really have an issue with this. It's mildly irritating at most, and kind of funny too :thumbsup: I suppose it really does come down to my personality and appearance. Thank you!

6. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I get this too. I don't think I'd qualify as "femme" or "butch" though. I usually don't bother with those kind of labels. It's annoying. I get people telling me "oh I forgot you were gay". I've never had them try and set me up with anyone, but sometimes they seem to have lapses in memory. I used to have friends that would get pissed when the asked me if I found "insert male celebrity here" hot and when I said no they'd get really annoyed and I'd have to remind them of the fact I'm gay even though I'd already told them before.

Also, the rainbow bracelet thing doesn't always work. I mean I still get hit on by guys even when I'm wearing it.

7. Miri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    pfft that's terrible. xD TBH it hasn't really happened to me, and I don't look super butch (I have super long hair and wear a necklace usually) but...I also don't do the whole makeup thing, cause I'm horrible at makeup, and I do tend towards a less girly taste in clothing (I like to think its womanly /dies) sooo...maybe it's just a femme thing??