1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I finally came out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Noodle72, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't believe I actually did it, it literally feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders now that I can talk to my friends about this and they accept me and everything.

Ok, so how did it happen? Last night, I was at a sleepover birthday party, and earlier in the day, one of my friends came out as bisexual. Two of my friends were already out as bi, so I knew I'd be accepted and everything. I think that third friend coming out as bi is what encouraged me to finally do it.

Later on, we'd set up our sleeping bags and sort of set ourselves into our own little group conversations, and I'd told two of my friends (neither of them were the three that are bi) that I had a secret. I had them guessing all sorts of possibilities, and then I gave them the hint that it had something to do with something that was previously brought up during the party.

One of them guessed I was bisexual, so I had them guessing a little with different LGBT+ things I could be and then I just said it, I said that I'm panromantic. After that, I sat up and told everyone else, and then I started talking about how I wasn't sure of my gender. That's not completely true, because I'm sure that I'm a demiboy, but I didn't want to say it yet. I told some of them that I was pretty sure I was a demiboy, so I guess that's close enough.

Overall, coming out was a lot easier than I thought it'd be. I thought I'd choke on my words, look like an idiot trying to say them, or end up crying and getting them all really worried or something. I think one thing that really helped was them all being so accepting, and even when some of them didn't know what panromantic meant, once I explained it they didn't think I was weird or anything.

I'm also really glad to have LGBT+ friends because that also made it easier.
    I have absolutely no idea how to end this, so I'm just gonna put a smiley :slight_smile:

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really awesome! Congratulations, I'm glad you have such supportive friends! :slight_smile:

3. katcatastrophe

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations I'm so glad everyone is supportive! :grin:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out at the birthday party. It's pretty amazing that you decided to go for it. Great that everyone was/is accepting and that you have friends with whom you can talk about things! :slight_smile: