1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mine was kinda gradual :s

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by NathNarcissist, Jan 13, 2009.

1. NathNarcissist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the first person I told was my ex girl friend, she was now my best mate and needed a real reason for why i split up with her, I was only 12/13 at the time so it was nothin serious. I told her how i felt towards other boys and she was fine with it. I was just hopin that everyone else would feel the same. For about the next two years I carried on tellin all my friends at school and even the people i didn't tell began to pick up on it. Even the teachers! I never really got bullied or anything so it made it easier. The worst that would happen is for one idiot to say somethin sly like "look out the gays comin" or something like that. This didn't bother me tho cos I had my friends and I was friends with people that would kill (not literally:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) anyone that had a problem with me. So i felt safe which to me was the main thing.
    The next big thing was tellin my mum and brothers. My brothers constantly asked me about it like everyday for about a year and i never gave into them. I just kept denying it. Then I started talkin to this really nice boy that i really liked and really wanted to meet up with. So I knew I'd have to tell my mum why. So I was talkin to him one night and he told me how he came out and then persuaded me to go and do it. So I just walked into my mums room and went "I've got something to tell you...I'm gay" It took me about half an hour but eventually the words just came out. My mum said "I thought you might be" and just hugged me for about ten minutes. I went to bed and ended up going out with the lad that made me come out. He was my first boyfriend :slight_smile:
    It was my 16th birthday and I had passed out cos i was drunk, leavin my mates talkin to my brothers...thats how they found out. They asked me the next day and I just admitted it. I thought "Whats the point in lying anymore" then they told my grandparents. Back to school the next day and the teachers were comin up to me all day congratulatin me on coming out cos my friends had told them. It was an amazing feelin knowing how proud and happy everyone was for me. I felt on top of the world :slight_smile:
    I still haven't told my dad, because I don't live with him and he's homophobic. But I think if he asked me I would admit it.
    Everyone else knows really and I'm not bothered about anyone finding out, its who I am and if someone doesn't like it its them thats missin out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm so glad that it was that easy for me but I know its harder for some people, so good luck to anyone and I know how scary it is trust me. I was in my mums room for half an hour in silence.

Thanks fer readin and soz bout the pure essay :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. biisme

Well, I'm glad that you didn't have anyone whoreally gave you a problem. And, you're lucky to have been going out with someone who, when you told her, accepted you for who you are and is still a very good friend.

And, congratulations on telling your mom and brothers! Perhaps your dad will b less homophobic (once he finds out) if he realizes that you are the same person that you've always been.

But, once again, congratulations!

3. Nick

Awww, that's great ! It seemed to go almost perfectly with everyone.

It must be great not having to be dishonest anymore, right ?

Congratulations and welcome to EC !

4. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, that is such a great coming out!!!
    Congratz!
    I hope your dad figures some stuff out...
    Good luck with him!

5. Magnet

Congratulations!!!!! Welcome to EC :slight_smile: