1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as bisexual: I fell in love with my friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Desierto, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Desierto

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This looks like a mess of information, sorry guys, I don't really know how to word this.

So almost two months ago I met a guy online, we both shared our interest for a particular fictional character(he is bisexual). We talked every single day from the time we met greeting each other in the morning and telling each other good night. We found that we both shared a lot in common, and it was great. Then about a month ago, I found my self unable to stop thinking about him, at first I assumed it must be just a little crush.

The feelings I had for him developed even further, I found my self thinking him even more often. I spent all my time thinking about him, wondering how he is doing, or if something might be troubling him. I'd often worry about him over the smallest things, hoping he is ok. I comfortably talk with him about anything and everything. I feel like I can't live with out him, and I really want to be by his side. He is the first real person in my life that ever made me feel this way. It pains me when he is unhappy, he often talks about how lonely he is, he often puts him self down even though he is such an amazing person.

So, I broke down and told him how I felt, we talked it over and I understand he isn't ready for a relationship, and I don't think I am really either. So for now it's mostly a platonic friendship, but I hope it might one day become something more. Because of him, I came to realize that, gender isn't a barrier for the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, and remove that barrier really helped me.

#1 Desierto, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very romantic story!
    If this was about a boy and girl everyone would think your story is super cute.
    You're right, you can't choose who you fall in love with.
    Best of luck with your relationship,/friendship.

3. Desierto

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I hope it goes for the best.

4. Miri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same exact thing happened to me, but with a girl. We tried LDR dating for a bit, homophobic parents broke it up, she sorta said we might be able to try again in the future but...now she's dating a guy, and he's super amazing...and I'm still not over her...sigh. Who the heck invented love, amirite? -.-;;

#4 Miri, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015