1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suprising Acceptance

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by AlexLee, Nov 1, 2015.

1. AlexLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I've been slowly starting to come out more to people. My work was actually really accepting. My HR and store director said that they will support me and if I have any problems to come to them. Everyone in my department knows now and tries their best to call me by my pronouns.

It was family that made me nervous. My close friends accepted without a problem and are support me. I told my dad who was the most intimidating and he was surprisingly accepting, just wanted to make sure I didn't hurt myself and that I was sure before I did anything that I couldn't go back on.
    My friends mom asked her why I chopped all my hair off and so she explained what I'm going through and all she had to say was, "Oh ok. I'm glad Alex is doing what makes him happy." I was touched and surprised.

Its amazing how so many people are ok with it, despite how small town this place is and how there isn't many Transgender people who are out.

My ex is the only one who is freaking out about the whole situation and I don't much care what he thinks. I don't have feelings for him anymore.

Has anyone else been this lucky? It makes me worried that when I get futher down the road on my Transitioning that I'm going to have a bad reaction from somebody close. I hope that the acceptance and support continiues when people see the difference and knows Its not a faze.

2. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am finding that this seems to be a trend amongst those coming out for the first time. I remember when I first told my parents about my probably being bi, I was expecting a total shitshow. I was pretty much figuring that it was going to be complete trainwreck, but I felt I just "had to" do it. Then, I was amazed that there weren't really any problems from it at all :slight_smile: There was a brief phase of them not really understanding what I meant exactly and thought that "I'd sleep with anyone". When I explained that this was not the case, there were no problems at all. However, when they did think that I'd "sleep with anybody and have orgies", it was amazing to see that they weren't even rejecting of that :slight_smile: Of course, I'm not like that at all. They seemed to easily understand my explanation immediately almost. I was really surprised, because I had built the whole thing up in my mind as an inevitable shit show.

3. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone was surprisingly accepting.
    Brother 1: Stunned silence and then "you are still my brother"
    Brother 2: "OK"
    Brother 3: "No other strange news?"
    Sister: Long supportive chat (it must be a girl thing)
    Friends: A big hug from everyone.
    Wife: "Why didn't you say so earlier?" and several long chats.

4. AlexLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah. I had the 'why didn't you say so earlier' thing and "yeah, I knew there was something going on."

My dad had suspected I was going through some sort of change and he was accepting though he didn't understand. He was just like , "Ok. Thank you for telling me. Just let me know if you make any huge changes and I'll be there." and he was the one I was most afraid to come out to.

My mother is in medical field and she was trying to over analize it all. At least she is trying to understand it.

I had built up this whole thing in my head too and how I would explain myself and defend myself. Everyone just had to say that I was still me no matter what and that nothing would change that.