1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my childhood best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by taken, Nov 5, 2015.

1. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lately I've been struggling with facing the idea of coming out to my family. I've come out to most all of my friends in college and have been able to by myself around them. Being hours away from home and in another state, I didn't have to worry about it getting back to my childhood friends and family that I am a lesbian. I've been planning on coming out to my family soon and figured I would start with my best friend. So last night, I told her in a text conversation and everything went great. I figured it would, we got into some deep conversations about our past and things that we had kind of drifted apart on because of distance with college and such. We don't talk as much as we use to and I'm very private about my life and relationships so it was good to get back to that best friend comfort of conversation with her. I've been in a relationship for over a year and its starting to feel great to let people know who I really am... Next stop, PARENTS!!

2. MtnCase

Congrats! Glad to hear about your progress. Hope you continue to get positive, freeing reactions!

3. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Congratulations! :slight_smile: