1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out Advice and My Story as Agender

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Chewsy, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Chewsy

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    -ADVICE ON HOW TO COME OUT WITHOUT THE AWQUARDNESS, WHEN TO COME OUT AND MY STORY!-

yoooooo
    So, recently I told my parents I was Agender. Now I knew this was the perfect time as my mother told me that she supported her children whatever gender or sexuality they may be through a very in-direct way (may or may not have been a facebook post).
    So I took this as an opportunity to tell her. My courage had been raised as I knew she'd be ok with it.

AND SHE WAS :icon_bigg !
    She said whatever gender I was she was ok with it and it really made my day.

Now, for some advice!

You need to know how and when to come out. There's no point if they're in a bad mood or you know that they're in a rush or something. Also, like I did, you need to know if they're ok with it. Maybe ask them, bring it up in a conversation.

''Hey, what'cha think about different genders? Would you have a child who's not straight?''

Probaly not a good idea if they wouldn't, just keep it a secret unless you want your heart broken.

ALSO
    TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HATE AWQUARDNESS,
    I
    HAVE
    A
    SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM!

I told my mother through a note. It was folded so on the front of it there was a thing to tell her ''remember that facebook post'' so she knew what she was getting at. If you opened the flap upwards, there was a description on what ''Agender'' meant (in your case, whatever your telling them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and if you brought that flap down there was a whole text of writing about what all that was for and stuff, and explaining why I think I'm Agender and stuff. I feel it really dulls the awquardness and helps you feel better by not having to explain everything yourself and the person won't interupt you and stuff, as long as you've written enough on the page...

Good luck!

Hope this helped~

2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome she accepted! You have a great mom~

I feel like I'd have to get a bunch of articles- being gay is genetic, LGBT teens, why Hinduism supports the LGBT community, and write a fifty page letter (more like 45 pages of research paper and a 5 page letter at the end), and then leave it on the dining table, and spend the night at a friend's. So- yeeeeaaah, not easy.

But good job on finally coming out :slight_smile:

3. Chewsy

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it's easy to some, and thanks xD

4. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wahhh Congratulations! I reaaaaaaly wanna come out as Agender... Planning to do so soon (I think near my bday, with a letter saying "what I want for my bday" and inside "accepting me for who I am." And smaller "and helping me with myself"
    And on the upper part of the letter, (the other side of the paper saying what I want for bday), in big letters, AGENDER, and the definition of it. Then I will say that what I would like to have is a binder. I hope it turns as well as yours!!