1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Eumelian, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Eumelian

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, yesterday, my mum and I were watching TV, though I wasn't really paying any attention to it. I had more pressing matters on my mind. Several times, I paused the TV, tying to figure out how to actually say to her that I'm a lesbian. After maybe 40 minutes of this, I just sort of went for it.
    I asked her if she is any good at keeping secrets (apparently, she is) and I explained to her that I am most definitely asexual, but that for the past year or so, I have gradually realised that I am homoromantic. But it's just easier to say that I'm a lesbian who just doesn't like the idea of having sex. I informed my mum that I discovered this because I am attracted to a female friend of mine (in a romantic sense). I have never, for lack of a better word, fancied anyone before, so this whole thing is quite new to me.
    My mum reacted as I expected her to. I am very, very fortunate to have such a wonderful parent, especially as I know that many do not. She's always told me that she'll love and support me, no matter who I am.
    Anyway, after I told her, we went back to watching TV. She seemed really happy, and I couldn't stop smiling about the whole situation. Now I've told her, I think I'm going to tell, in this order: all my LGBT+ friends, the rest of my friends, and then almost all of my close family.
    I'm really happy with life at the moment; coming out, even to one person, makes a world of difference.

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

That's great, happy for you. :slight_smile: good job

3. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Woo that's great news! Congratulations! :grin:

4. YermanTom