1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my mom!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Uncolored, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just came out to my mom (yay me)! I have been contemplating the perfect moment to tell her for a couple of months now. I was sitting on the couch reflecting on how this was a quiet non-stressful evening. My mom was cleaning in the basement and I called her upstairs and had her sit down. I told her that in the past two months I came to the conclusion that I am either bisexual or completely gay and she just bluntly said to me, "Okay well I still love you....... To tell you the truth I sort of already suspected it."
    So I said to myself, great I have been giving off lesbian vibes unknowingly this whole time. GREAT. It is a little weird that she knew before I even fully knew for myself but I guess that I shouldn't be surprised.
    Anyways, I am really glad that I told her because now I can have more open conversations with her and be true to myself which feels wonderful. I even joked with her that I was looking to buy a "lesbian help guide" online but thought of how awkward it would be if I ordered it from Amazon before I came out to her. In case you don't know... Amazon likes to send book suggestions to your e-mail and it would have been awkward if my mom was forwarding me... lesbian related books?

ANYWAYS... this has been super challenging for me. I went from thinking that I was totally straight to totally thinking that I was gay. I then reflected back on how often in my life I even liked guys and I came to the conclusion that I never did... ever.

2. Really

Congrats! Now you can get that book. Does it actually exist? Haha.

3. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Thanks! Haha yes... books are on the market. The book that I was referring to is The Lesbian Lifestyle eBook —

4. Really

Hmmm. Haven't seen that one...