1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Justinian20, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Justinian20

This was probably the hardest thing for me to do ever and I was so worried she was going to react the same way as my parents. My parents basically said it was impossible for me to be gay.

But her response was indefinitely more positive, I told her on Monday and after I told her I was gay after practising many times in the mirror, she said she knew I was gay, and then I proceeded to cry after she said, It was fine to be gay. We then hugged while I kept crying.

This is an achievement for me, yes I'm out to a lot of friends but that was mostly over Facebook, this is my first proper coming out in which I prepared myself and I actually practised and I potentially readied myself for a negative reaction, but it was a relief in the end because she accepted me. :icon_bigg

2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm happy for you. I also have a sister and coming out to her and having her being positive would be a very happy moment for me. so I'm happy it worked out for you with your sister. :slight_smile:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your sister! Wonderful that she is accepting, and that you feel relieved. Happy for you that it worked out so well. :slight_smile: