1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out As ...?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ladymacbeth, Dec 3, 2015.

1. ladymacbeth

I really want to come out, or at least let someone know about my sexuality, but I have a ton of anxiety about it. What really worries me is that I'm not sure what my label is yet. I know I experience same gender attraction, but I haven't figured out if I'm bi or gay. How can I come out if I'm unsure, and still have people accept me as legitimate?

2. ANerdWhoCares

Self acceptance is key before you can move on to other people. Take some time to mull it over, and determine what exactly you are, then you'll know what to tell people when you're ready.

How to determine what your are? That's easy to determine, ask yourself this; "what can i picture myself spending the rest of my life with, as loving partners? Only Men? Only Women? Either or?" The answer to that question will help you determine if you're gay straight or bi. Should you pick bi,you can then determine if you prefer one sex over the other. Of course there are more complex snd detailed labels out there, but for someone who's confused enough already; i try to keep my advice simple to the ones that are more well known.

But i do know this; if you're indecisive about what you are when you tell people, they wont take you seriously. Come out to yourself before you do the same to others. I hope i gave you some good advice to help clear things up. :slight_smile:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! :slight_smile:

If you feel that you would like to come out to someone, you could always try coming out as 'questioning' and that you are trying to figure things out. I wouldn't worry too much about others not taking it seriously or accepting it. Having someone to talk to about your feelings/attractions could benefit you, in that it could help you to figure things out.