1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush is dropping hints, but says he's straight? HELP.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ThatOneGayGuy, Dec 15, 2015.

1. ThatOneGayGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So a month ago, I told my crush I was gay and he said, "I'm fine with having a gay friend." I even asked him twice about him being gay just to get my own confusion out of the buy, but he still says he's straight.
    Fast forward to what happened today. It went something like this:

Me: Hey,can you help me a little doing these bench press reps.

Him: Sure.

When he finished helping, I thought about the last time he helped me and I laughed a little, and he said:

Him: Why are you always laughing?

Me: I don't know, I'm just a happy person.

Him: Oh, you do know happy means gay so you are gay, right?

Me: Jeez, thanks for throwing that out there (Joking). I don't really care if you say that, haha.

Him: It's cool, I'm happy all the time too. 24/7.

That's where I thought: Wait...Did he really just say what I think he just said?

Point of the atory is that I am confusd of what I think. I get that he wants to savw himself the harassment of being gay (If he really is), but dropping hints like that? Oh come on.

Thanks for reading all the way through. Any advice is is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I honestly didn't take that as him hinting that he's gay. He could just be joking and trying to find a way to relate to you.

The best thing to do, even if he is hinting that he's gay, is to just be there for him if he comes out, and to not force him out of the closet.

3. Chicagoblue

I agree with Steve FS. I'll bet he comes out to you within 2 weeks. Just be patient.