1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My parents reaction to me coming out as pansexual

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JetBlackHeart, Dec 31, 2015.

1. JetBlackHeart

On the 30th December I came out as Pansexual/Bisexual to my parents (explained that I'm Pansexual and what it is but I just use the term bisexual as it's easier)
    My mum basically reckons it's a phase, I'm too young to know (I'm almost 16), I'm confused and I'm a 'late bloomer' (as I haven't started my period TMI sorry >.<). So I was kind of annoyed and disheartend with her reaction however she said if when I'm older and I still identify and it then that's okay as long as I'm happy and I absolutely know it could have gone ALOT worse.
    My dad asked me how I know without experience so I explained that for me, I may not know my sexual orientation yet but it's something I'll figure out when I'm older (even though I'm pretty sure I'm demisexual) but I do know my romantic orientation without 'experience'. He said that he's fine with it and accepted it.

There's no real purpose for this thread except from just to share and write down my experience with coming out to y parents ^-^

2. Emmichan

Great job coming out. I hate it when people say you can't know without experience, but a least they are somewhat understanding.