1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my first straight friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Billy the kid, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so I had come out to my bisexual friend around a year ago convinced he would be the only one I told. I did end up telling a couple more people after that, they were gay friends of my bisexual friend. Now my friend has always encouraged me to come out to more friends and family to my refusal. I never had any intentions of coming out to anyone else.
    During the year I took a couple of vacations with my bisexual friend who is out to most people he knows. So he posts pictures on social media sites, some of the pictures show strong indications that he is not straight. He also posts a lot of LGBT support stuff too. So needless to say I thought some of my friends would see this as well and start putting two and two together.
    Fast forward to New Years Eve and I'm over one of my straight friends house celebrating. My friend is having a few drinks and is feeling good, and he says to me. Do you know that your friend is gay? I answer and say yes I do and correct him stating that he is actually bisexual. He then proceeds to ask me if I am gay? So I had to come clean and told him that I was gay. The next night I told his wife that I was gay. They both were very supportive. So that is my coming out story, it was kind of forced out of me but if I can do it anyone can.

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations!

3. VampireGrin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! Sounds like a big step, and hopefully you'll eventually become more comfortable coming out to more people. Keep us posted.

4. Methrandir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats! You dont have to tell anyone if youre not ready

5. violagirl89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations on taking that step! Don't let anyone force you to come out though. Come out on your own time. :slight_smile: