1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My next 'outing' event!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kayar, Feb 2, 2009.

1. kayar

Hey guys. I'm an older guy who's only previously had straight experiences and straight relationships. No, I'm not gay curious - I'm gay! I've so far previously only 'come out' to my counsellor (therapist), and you guys. I've not yet had any gay sexual experiences, but have a high level of personal awareness and I'm sure I now know my sexual identity.

I'm a regionally elected member of a UK national charity's advisory panel, and I will be attending a weekend training/quarterly panel meeting event in Leicester (uk) at the end of March. I have decided that I want to use this time as the next stage in my 'coming out' journey. I trust my colleagues on the advisory panel to be supportive and unpredudiced, thus making my 'coming out' to them a satisfying and encouraging occasion. Hopefully a wise choice in what is still very much the beginning part of my journey. That's not to say I don't already feel apprehensive and somewhat nervous about what I plan to do - but that just confirms me as human, right?

What do you think?

Responses enthusiastically welcomed - I neither have a closed mind nor permanenetly entrenched opinions.

:kiss:

2. tallship

Go for it ,your braver man than I am but I'm right with you in spirit. Take care

3. EM68

Good luck! I am working on coming out to my family and a few friends.

4. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    thats great i wish you alot of luck

5. Charles Marcus

6. Mickey

I wish ALL of you that are coming out,the very best.