1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by anon195, Jan 22, 2016.

1. anon195

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay, I took the plunge and came out to one friend today. I still would not consider myself "out" at all, but I have one close friend who is also not straight, so I asked her to meet up for coffee or something. I was really worried at first when we got there because a few of her friends were at the coffee shop too, and I was worried that she would ask me what I wanted to talk about while they were still there (we weren't sitting with them, but it was a small space). But we just talked about other things until I was finally ready to tell her.

I was super nervous, even though I knew she would be so supportive and everything, but it took me over an hour to work up the courage to say it. Saying the actual words "I think I'm bisexual" kind of felt like walking off a cliff; my stomach dropped and I couldn't look at her, and I was just so worried. But she reacted really well. At first, she just went "oh, wow," and then she talked about how glad she was that I told her, and how excited she was to have someone else "on the team," so to speak. She was really supportive, and after that we were able to talk about it really openly, since she had been through a similar process and made it through (she's pretty out and open about it now). I feel a lot better knowing I have someone I can talk to about this, and who understands what it's like, even if I am not ready to tell anyone else yet. This is a pretty big step for me!

2. Elli

Congrats!! I'm glad it went well for you :slight_smile:

3. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations! It's a great step forward. I'm happy for you. :slight_smile: