1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so happy i did it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by McBenz, Feb 5, 2009.

1. McBenz

So about a month ago i was talking to this girl named Mariah. We ended up going out after a little bit. She had talked to me about coming out but i just wasn't ready. She told me that she really wanted to talk about me and kiss me in school. So the next day i got a relationship request on facebook and i accepted it.

That is how people started finding out. I never wanted to make my coming out a big deal. I just wanted to let it kind of spread under the radar that way no one flipped! From what i have seen everyone is cool with it. (even the very religious people)

I was stressing over this for about a year. I was so scared for what people would say and what they would do. But to be honest nothing changes. Like AT ALL! It's pretty cool. My high school is very liberal and we have a very wide variety of students. Plus i don't think many people were that suprised.

So now basically everyone knows. My parents know as well but my dad and step mom aren't so accepting. The only people who i'm not ready to tell yet are my extended family, such as grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.

I just thought i should share my story because i know how scary it can be to come out, or to even think about coming out! But once you do it and you see how people really don't care and they accept you, its a huge weight lifted off your shoulders. My skin is even clearing up because i'm not so stressed. I've also noticed that i can focus more in school!

So for all you closet dwellers good luck with whatever you decide! If you have any questions on it i'll try to help :slight_smile:

Oh! heres a banana for good luck----> (!)

2. biisme

Congratulations!! It sounds like everything is going really well. You have an awesome girlfriend and you're in a good school.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! :slight_smile:

It sounds like your coming out has been going well. Hopefully your dad and step mom will come around to it and accept you.

4. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    you did you did
    you said that you would do it
    and indeed yo did!

5. Magnet

Congratulations. I'm glad things are going well for you :slight_smile:

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Congratulations!

7. McBenz

Thanx guys. Me and Mariah actually broke up, due to her cheating on me :/ but whatever. Other than that i am so happy about the whole situation!

I doubt kendall (step mom) and my dad will come around. They just don't really mention it at all haha