1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yay....?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Gpfs, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Gpfs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So.. Last night me and friends were out at someones house an we were drinking alot of wine..
    2 girl friends and 1 guy. The guy was the most nervous for me to come out to. He went out for a fag an i just told them. Out of nowhere.. I asked them to come over an asked them if i could trust them an they of course said yes :slight_smile:
    And i just told them. One couldnt beleive it an the other was just looking at me saying "really?" An i asked them not to tell the guy cause it would make things akward. Me an one of the girls went out for a fag and to talk about it. We shared an stuff then the other girl came over. We were speakin bout what he would say an she said she would tell him. so she went back in an told him an me an the other girl went back in an he was sittin there, i smiled akwardly.. An he was like "I dont care.. really." I gave him a hug an we just carried on with the night. lol
    I felt like i was in shock :S
    But it felt so good.
    I did feel bad for doing it drunk but it did help with my confidence an if i did it sober it would hav taken me ages..
    Still hav to work towords telling parents but now ive got people to confide in :grin:
    Feel so good right now (except hangover..) and feel like they really support me :slight_smile:
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I Did It !
    :slight_smile:

2. EM68

Congratulations! Sounds like you have some great friends.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>And i just told them. One couldnt beleive it an the other was just looking at me saying "really?" An i asked them not to tell the guy cause it would make things akward. Me an one of the girls went out for a fag...

In America, this bit is pretty funny. :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

Lex

4. Mickey

That was a brave thing you did! Congrats. I hope it gets easier and remains so positive.

5. Poring

wow thats awesome!

Good job! I wish you all the luck in your future endeavors, really.
    And I hope I can do the same :frowning2:

6. Greggers

Once i got the fact you meant"fag" as in a smoke, it made some more sense :slight_smile:

Congrats! (!)

7. Urman

Urman Guest

congrats

8. Gpfs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol yeah sorry bout the fag thing. Must hav sounded a bit confusing.
    Thanks everyone :slight_smile:
    Tonight my friend that told the guy told me what he said an how she did it. She was still really shocked so he knew what was up an she told him an he went straight into denial. he was like "hes not gay." :S
    He thinks im doing it to get with one of my girl mates who hangs about with gay men... hmm.
    I think hes fine about it, we havnt said a word about it. as for the girls..we hav been speaking bout it and i FINALLY felt comfortable! We were having a chat about past experiences an stuff and "rateing" guys :slight_smile: lol
    Best feeling ever. Feel accepted, still nervous when i think about it, but so relieved!

Ps, one of the girls thinks its a choice... lol ive told her a couple of times its not but i said leave it cause i would get annoyed.. :S

#8 Gpfs, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! :slight_smile:
    I'm glad that it went well!

10. kayar

Yeah, not everything we brits say every day crosses the pond successfully! I had a similar experience on EC with our use of the word 'pulling' (i.e. successfully chatting someone up, etc.). It didn't cross the atlantic with near the same meaning!

Love the story of your 'coming out drunk', it went really great. I haven't tried that way yet, but you've given me something to think about!!!!

Why do soooo many people think being gay is a choice? And why is it soooo hard to get them to understand that it's not? Do they think they 'chose' to be straight?

Take care, X.