1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Since coming out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by hedgehog, Feb 4, 2016.

1. hedgehog

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello all!

Since I came out to my parents in early December of 2015, I would say that things have improved at home and I also feel like I am living a true and honest life - the life I thought I would never see. Being more open about my sexuality over the past 3-4 months have changed me for the better and even have had some positive things come out of it including:

-Meeting a girl who I now really like and will be my girlfriend soon!
    -Kissing a girl for the first time
    -Having a proper love connection with someone that's not one sided
    -I came out to 2 other friends only to find out that both of them are also gay and in a relationship!!
    -My friendships with people are more stronger because I'm not hiding anything
    -I'm more closer to my mum because once again, I'm not hiding anything
    -I'm more open about myself (acceptance)

And probably more but I can't think of any now!

So basically what I'm saying is that coming out to more people has been amazing for me - it definitely has opened up a few more doors in my life and has made me more happier.

Don't let anyone force you to come out - do it at your own pace and when you know you're safe. If you have to wait till you're 18 and/or independent, then maybe think of some alternatives but remember that you will always be loved even if you don't feel it.

2. H20

H20

:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

That's superb! Really, I don't even know you and I feel so proud of you. My chest is swelling up with pride. I'm thrilled to the bones to hear you are having a great experience, getting along with your mom more, and on your way to having a relationship. I'm actually a little jealous, but hey, my time will come, and I wish you all the happiness in the world.

3. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really happy for you. It's great your family and friends are so supportive and love you so much. Congratulations. :grin:

I agree with coming out to people on your own terms and everything. That is very important. Al though in some cases I don't think alternatives really exist, like for instance in mine. I came out to an online friend who lives in another country only because I couldn't come out to my family or friends at all. It is sad, but it's reality. I'm sure coming out to someone else was my alternative, but I didn't see it that way. Just my opinion. :grin: