1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally !

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Thisis, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Thisis

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi guys, hope you're all having a good day,
    Well, I finally got the courage to tell my mom about me questioning my sexuality.
    The same day, I told one of my best friends about it and when I came home I was sure that I would talk to my mom about it too.
    So, it wasn't the easiest thing to do, but I did it! I was walking around the house, cleaning my room and at the same time talking with my mom about how the day had gone. Then, I sat down, and after trying to say something many times, I finally said : Er...mom, I've got a question, have you ever thought when your were young if you could be attracted to girls?
    And then I had to repeat the question 3 times before she finally answered me. And of course she said no, and that when she was young people wouldn't even consider such a thing was possible. But she was really accepting, which I kind of knew would be the case, but still it made me feel so happy. She said I could talk about it whenever I need with her and my dad, and she also said that if I got with a girl she wouldn't be HAPPY, but it's something she can't change and as long as it makes me happy, she'd be ok with it.
    She then told my father the next day, which I was really happy about because I didn't want to have to talk about it again. They are both very accepting.
    My only wish was that I would be able to come home one day and say : Hi day/mom, this is my girlfriend ! Or this is my boyfriend ! And I guess it's possible now :icon_bigg
    My mom found it strange that I couldn't decide if I liked boy or girls, I just told her that some days I was more attracted to girls and some by boys. I didn't want to say that I was bi, lesbian or something else because I don't really want to label myself, it's not necessary for me. If I get with a girl, fine ! If I get with a boy, fine !
    Thank you for reading, I don't know if you can understand everything, my english isn't perfect.
    Just wanted to let you guys know how it went, maybe it can help someone :icon_wink
    Sorry for the long post !

#1 Thisis, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey that is great! You should be extremely proud of yourself. :slight_smile: That takes a lot of courage! My mom also found it strange that I couldn't decide, but she's gotten more understanding about it with time.

3. Thisis

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for replying ! I'm very happy. I guess it's going to be similar with my mom, it will take some time :slight_smile:

4. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should be happy :slight_smile: ! yeah probably :slight_smile:

5. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's awesome that your parents understood you when you decided to come out. I'm happy for you! :grin:.

As for explaining your sexuality, I think they need time to understand and come to terms with that, it's not easy for everyone to understand off the bat, I'm sure you needed time yourself when you realized your sexuality first. So in my opinion take it slow with them, time really helps. :grin:

6. Thisis

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes it's great ! Thanks for replaying
    Sure it will take time. As you said, it took me a lot of time to understand it myself so yes, they won't understand everything right away but that's okay I understand that :icon_bigg