1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yay :|

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Trystan, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Trystan

ok so I got talking to a guy on here
    he's really nice etc you know how it goes
    then I got texting him and my mother could see all my texts on the internet :S And we'd planned to meet up.
    So my parents are fine with the gay bit, but not that I'd decided to meet some random person off the internet. Finally they're ok with me meeting him, and my mum's coming to the station with me.

So it's all ok and nothing really matters about it now, but even so... They read all my texts... is that right in the light of what I was gonna do? (being: meet a person off the internet and spend the day with him)

#1 Trystan, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
  2. Vector

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To be bluntly honest it's probably better for now. Meeting up with people that you've met on the internet is never a sure bet, and the fact that your mum will be there for (at least) the initial contact is actually a really good thing for your well-being.

And assuming that the person you're meeting is fair dinkum, then I'm sure your mum will eventually back off and let you two do your thing. :slight_smile:

G'Luck!

#2 Vector, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  3. xequar

Meeting someone from the internet is not that bad of a thing IF you take the proper precautions.

For the first meeting, make sure that it's somewhere in public and with other people, even if they're random passersby. I personally enjoy coffee shops anyway, and they work great for this purpose, as well. If you meet in a public place, you can get to know the other person a bit in a safe setting, and if either one of you feels uncomfortable, you can just leave and go on your merry way. Also, make sure that you have friends/relatives/et cetera that know where you're going and what you're doing, so that if you need to get bailed out of a tight jam or you do somehow go missing, they can help you out.

Good luck with all this, though!

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Were you my kid, I would've done the same. I don't think your parents are overstepping their boundaries, and the fact that they're simply coming along for first meeting shows that they're willing to give you quite a bit of leeway. Many parents would've simply dismantled your computer. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Trystan

hehe okay thanks guys :slight_smile:
    I guess what they did was right, it just annoyed me that they don't trust me enough to take the proper precautions etc. But then I guess one of the reasons they don't trust me is exactly what I've just done :s

oh well at least i'm still meeting him :grin: reeeaallyy excited :slight_smile:

6. george678

7. I agree... I think your parents were just doing what they felt was necessary.
    But have fun with your meet-up ^_^