1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I rejected him after coming out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Kj802, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Kj802

Okay so bare with me here, because I need to make sure not to reveal certain details. But let's call the other guy.....Steve.

Warning: Longish, and occasional explicit language

Anyway here goes.
    So every year my family goes to this big church camp with lots of people. Now this past year it took place around September. On the last night of the camp lots of people were beginning to pack up and start heading home.
    Now jumping back a couple of days one of my friends who I was out to, introduces me to a handful of new people, one of those people being Steve. My friend proceeds to whisper to me that Steve is gay, as if I hadn't already heard him say quite loudly, 'omg I'm a homosexual, deal with it.' Which in essence was interesting considering we were at a Christian camp. Now as the nights go on and my friend and I continue to hang out with these people. Steve continues to act loudly flamboyant, now there is nothing wrong with being flamboyant, but I have issues when you become, and excuse the language, 'bitchy'. And boy was he. Every second sentence was 'juicy gossip' on that 'slutty boy' and 'ratchet girl' now because in not outspoken in anyway I didn't say a thing. Anyway there was a meeting one night. Where different age groups gather in different sized tents and have worship and what not. And during the meeting my friend and the others wanted to sit down the front but both Steve and I where apprehensive about the idea and sat next to each other down the back. At the time I though nothing of, but this proved to be a big deal later on.
    The following night was pack-up night. And I was in mutant relaxing because my family doesn't pack up until the morning. Anyway my friend texts me and asks if she can give my number to Steve. And I didn't see why not so I said sure. Moments later I was in a texting conversation with Steve.
    The conversation started off pretty casual and regular. Than he drops it.....'Are you gay?'
    No according to my friend, she was asked about me, the same question, earlier and brushed it off.
    I was gonna reply no....but thought he was gay too and would respect I don't want him to tell anyone. So I said yes and explained that I wished him to keep it to himself and he said he would. Then the conversation starts taking a turn for the worse.
    He begins to tell me about how during the previous night at the meeting he had desires to hold my hand and dangle his legs across my lap and even put his hand on my inner thigh...etc. yess he texted those words.
    Now bare in mind I have no attraction to this particular male human. For various reasons. At first I kind of play along because I feel to bad to say that I didn't feel the same way. But then things get more serious. He asked me if I wanted to hang out that night while everyone was packing up. He said we could go of alone and talk. Now I'm scared. I don't really want to go out alone with this guy, and who knows where we plans to take this 'talk.' I obviously decline and say I'm busy packing up. He's a little cut but gets over it. A few minutes later my friend comes over and say if I want to walk around with her. I say sure.
    Now this camp isn't quite small it can and did for a couple thousand people during this camp. So you could easily walk around and not bump into somebody but at the same time you would bump into everybody.
    I'm walking around with my friend and we go to get milkshakes. As we just finish buying the milkshakes I see Steve walking down the small street with his friends, I grab my friend by the wrist and pull he behind some trees with me. Naturally she wants to know what the hell she I doing suddenly behind a tree. I explain what's going and she instantly understands. As all good friends do. I let he read the texts and as she is another text from Steve comes through. 'Are you sure you don't want to hang out?' At this point I have given up. I ask if she will answer. She does willingly and starts conversing. Basically what happened their was as soon as she explained (as me) that I don't have any intentions of being with this guy he becomes defensive and says things like, 'you think I want to be with you?' And that kind of stuff. Eventually he calms down a bit and I start messaging myself again. I say I'm sorry it didn't work out his way etc etc. at first he says it's fine and all, but after apologising a second time he says, 'actually no it's not okay, I thought we had a really good chance together.' Etc. I said sorry and kind of left it a that.
    Later that night I went with my friend to go say goodbye to her cousin. We were running because her cousin was about to leave. And guess what on the way to her cousin, we run straight past Steve who notices us and calls out, but we both kind of ignore him.
    As we are saying bye to my friends cousin we explain what happened without telling that I am gay. Her cousin being friends with Steve says, 'Steve is a good kid, but be careful because he can be a man whore.'
    Ever since all that drama I have never spoken to him again.
    So that's how I came out to a gay and then rejected him minutes later.

2. Jolly Roger

That sounds like something that would be in a novel. I guess you were right not to take him up on his offer. Whether it be religious or not, you know what they say happens at 'camp.' XD Thanks for sharing, I found that really interesting.

3. Kj802

Haha no worries. Glad you enjoyed more than I did at the time.

4. Innsanchez

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    maybe your just a bit shocked at that time, or not comfortable with his approach.

5. Kj802

Okay what?

6. cheqckerz

cheqckerz Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think you did the right thing. When people act a little - just a litttttttle - clingy like that I'm also the kind of person to be a bit put off and wondering what's going on :/

The way I saw it from an outsiders perspective from what you wrote is that either that guy was really... overwhelmed at finding another gay person who he could talk to and open up with. Or that he just had completely different ideas in mind that were more along the lines of hooking up or whatever and became pushy about meeting up and weird about it.

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but I'm kind of really feeling it was more the second reason why. He shouldn't have really persisted and made you uncomfortable like that after you told him how you felt... Good thing you had a friend there to support you and trusted your own judgement.

7. Kj802

Yea it was definitely an experience alright.
    And yea normally I won't be so harsh about the rejection side of things, but he was so forthcoming and outward about everything I was a little shocked and backed away. Although considering how little I knew about him I would probably still say no in any case.

8. Sleeping Owl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, that was an interesting study break. I'm glad everything worked out alright