1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search History..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Pacmaneater101, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Pacmaneater101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, so before this I already had a few things wrong with parents checking there kids search history. I will not get to in depth about my problems with that, now.

Let me start from the start. When I was 9-10 I liked boys. I thought it was the norm. now moving into high school, I know it is not really. So, I was confused, stuck, and alone. I started looking up underwear models, and found I was attracted to them. I looked at bikini models, and really hot male models, and wondered who I liked more. soon, it was clear.

About me being 'lost'. I started texting a stranger via the internet, talking about my problems. The stranger flirted a lot, and sort of creeped me out. The other day, I am up until 1, texting, researching, looking, e.t.c, and my mum walks into the hallway, and sees me. She gives me a look and goes to bed.

The next morning, I wake up with no phone. Mum took my phone and read/saw everything. I did not know this until after school, where my mum talked to me, started crying and laughing and hugged me. I started crying and hugged her back. My dad came home, and we were all a big mess.
    DAMN it google.

:kiss:

#1 Pacmaneater101, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  2. Pacmaneater101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    also, I feel the need to be open with everyone, but dont know if I should.

3. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear that you were outed by Google and your phone (*hug*) You must be angry at your mum for taking your phone and reading your private thoughts. This probably was not the way or time that you had wanted to come out to your parents. What's done is done, so try to focus on the future rather than focusing on how you got here. I'm glad that you are sharing your story and getting the word out to lock phones with a passcode :slight_smile:

Are things OK at home now? From what you've written it sounds like your parents were accepting. As for the level of openness, I would say that in the ideal world it's best to be open and honest because keeping your sexuality a secret is not easy. At the same time I know that we don't live in an ideal world, so you need to figure out how safe it would be to be out in your high school. If you live in a homophobic area for example, you might be the target of bullying. You need to decide for yourself how comfortable you feel coming out where you live. Is there an LGBT student group at your high school that you can reach out to?

#3 SiennaFire, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  4. Pacmaneater101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As a matter of fact you are correct about everything, apart from the homophobic part. Basically no one at my school is homophobic(!)

5. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad that I was incorrect about the homophobic part and that you are growing up in an accepting and supportive environment. Please be aware that pockets of homophobia can spring up, so please continue to be vigilant.

Based on your other posts, I surmised (and confirmed via google) that high school starts much earlier in Australia than it does in the US. While you seem pretty sure of your sexuality, please realize there is no rush to come out until you are totally comfortable and sure of your sexuality. Hopefully the other threads will offer helpful insights as well.

6. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations on the successful coming out (of sorts), Kudos to Google I'd say. But in all seriousness, I'm happy you are in such a positive environment. It is heartwarming to see that your parents love you a lot and they are super supportive. :slight_smile:.

As SiennaFire already said, I'd suggest you wait until you are totally comfortable with yourself before coming out too. Also, know your friends really well before coming out to them, people deal with stuff in different ways, so if you can sense that you'd want to come out differently to one friend and in a different way to another, you can plan that and execute carefully. I might be over-cautious in my suggestions, but I'd be safe than sorry. Just my opinion. :slight_smile: