1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is my Coming Out Story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Stupidmeoww, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Stupidmeoww

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm trying to get more active in this community, so I've decided to post my coming out experience! This might be a bit long, but I hope you enjoy the read!

So, to start off, I am a young one, 13 years old to be exact. I found out I was gay about two or three years ago, but I can remember getting girls crushes back in elementary school. At first I thought I was bi, so when I did I came out to my first friend I had since I moved to this town back when I was four. He was chill with it and realized he could ask me about what girls I thought were cute and that's how things went with him.
    But after realizing I wasn't very fond of boys, romance wise that is, I started to think that maybe I was just gay. It took me a few months before I finally understood that girls are way more cute than guys, at least for me. After that I had this friend who would come over and we would play video games or sing along to music. I eventually told him I was gay after he asked me out. He understood and much like my previous friend, ask me about which girls I thought were cute, turns out he wasn't straight either! He had found a liking to boys as well girls, and the same thing happened with my friend from 1st grade that got me into video games. He asked me out, I told him I was gay and a few months later he told me he was bi.
    And the most recent people who I have come out to was my parents and my aunt. It was a Friday night and I was getting frustrated because they wouldn't let my friend, who was a guy, stay over. And the only reason was because he was a boy and I was a girl. Which didn't make sense, because I had told them previous times, over and over, that I had no interest in dating or doing anything like that at the age of thirteen. But they still wouldn't have it because they didn't trust something wouldn't happen, and I knew I had to tell them I was gay.
    I swear, I had never felt more scared then, I could hear my heart beating as loud as a train and I kept staring at the floor until I looked my Mom in the eye and told her I was gay, and then to my dad, and my aunt. My Mom was surprised and my Dad and Aunt didn't care at all. I was so relieved, it felt nice to finally get it off my chest and not be questioned that I was too young, or being told that gay is a sin or whatever.

So, that was my coming out story to the people I care about the most. I hope it wasn't too boring or that my grammar was crap. Thanks for reading and enjoy your day! :smilewave

2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good for you! Congratulations. I'm so happy that you have such a supportive family. :grin:

3. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so glad that you can be yourself!

4. Bazinga87

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats. You have a very supportive family and your lucky to have come to this reality on your own so young. I wish you the best and hope you find your happiness as you transition to adulthood