1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Fully Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hartosexual, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Hartosexual

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    In 2014 I posted on this website asking for advice as to how to come out to my family. It is now 2016, I'm out to my entire family and the few friends I have and I wanted to share my story in hopes that I can maybe help someone with it.

So my name is Alex, and in 2014 someone threatend to out me to my family after her friend outed me at school. Obviously I panicked but realised that I had to tell my family before she did. I was already out to one of my brothers so the first person I wanted tot alk to was my mum. I wrote her a text at 1am and sat in bed paralysed with fear, refusing to send the message until I left for school at 7:40. My mum replied at about 12 o'clock with nothing but supportive words (although now she's changed her tune). Honestly, it was the best feeling ever to get it off my chest and the fact that I had texted her made it soo much easier. To come out to my other two brothers I texted one and wrote the other a note and both were supportive na dhappy for me. :icon_bigg

If you're trying to figure out how to come out then I encourage you to send a text or an email or write a note when yiu're ready to come out so that you don't have to do it face to face (unless you want to). I really hope that this helps you somehow and that I've given you a light of hope with this! Byyyeeee :goodluck:

2. Hartosexual

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Feel free to comment for any advice ^.^

3. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to a brother in an argument!
    I came out to the rest of my siblings via a group text.
    - I've been told those were two of the worst ways to come out -
    The reaction from all my family was great. So it shows that the reaction you get has more to do who you come out to rather than how you come out!