1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Dr Acula, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Dr Acula

If you've seen my other thread you'll know I've been struggling not only to come to terms with my sexuality but also the possibility it telling other people about it.

I officially told two people today, one from uni one significantly older than me who I know from elsewhere. I'm very pleased to say that both were incredibly supportive once they had gotten over the original shock of the matter.

I also know the two uni friends who I will tell next. As I'm not completely sure what I am, whether I'm bi/gay/curious/insane I'm going to keep it limited, at least for the foreseeable future, but I'm also considering getting in touch with the university LGBT in order to meet other people like me and who have been through the same things as I have.

Thank you to Lex and Xaquar who gave me invaluable advice in my other thread, knowing what to say was half the battle.

2. EM68

Congrats. I think its a great idea to join a LGBT group to discuss things face to face. I attend a PFLAG group near me. Its helped me a lot.

3. jotheoneandonly

good for you, i love the feeling you get after, like a massive weight off your soul. hmm, what a quinkeydink, two people came out to me today and i was the first one the both told! i feel special. anyway, congrats!

4. Dr Acula

I have to say it is completely surreal. Now its no longer a secret I feel slightly less confused than I did before. I don't know if it was just the fact that I was keeping it a secret and putting it into words has clarified things a little.

5. EM68

Thats how I felt when I came out. I was in a daze for a while.

6. jotheoneandonly

im still in the daze, a year on:thewave:

7. Bryan44

Congrats!

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to two of your friends! Glad that they are accepting and supportive. :slight_smile:

Joining a LGBT group is a really good idea. Having someone to relate to can make things 'easier' and also help you to continue your coming out process. Having someone to relate to, being able to talk about your feelings openly and learning from others' experiences will also allow you to figure things out. All I can say is: Go for it!

9. xequar

Bravo! I'm glad I could help :slight_smile: