1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I technically came out to my parents...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by KingdomKeyDK, Feb 27, 2016.

1. KingdomKeyDK

Yup. They found out I had a boyfriend. And ever since it's been really hard to try and keep up a happy persona. I mean they threatened to the point of legal action, called me a liar, and made me talk to a PRIEST for emotional support. And still, they believe that it's something that is going to pass by like a phase. All they keep saying is that "I will follow the right path" and other bs like that... I am honestly at a loss for how I should deal with this. Everything is monitored now, moreso than usual, and my being here on EC today is an actual feat... I guess I just wanted to share this really quick since I haven't been on for so long. It is so nice to be back for just a little bit. This is such a caring community, and I love being a part of it. So I guess I'm also saying thank you. Without the advice that I've seen given around here, I'm pretty sure this situation would have been a lot harder on me than it is now. I guess the next step is figuring out how I'm going to go about it in the future. :redface:

2. Pumpion

I'm sorry you had to go through this kind of coming out. I wish everybody had positive reactions to people coming out, my parents were supportive when I came out as bi and (hopefully) will be supportive when they read my coming out letter.
    However what you are going through is what I'm worried about with my grandparents, seeing as they are pretty religious and live in a fairly small town and stuff. [gives hugs (or pats if you're one of those people that don't like hugs)] You'll get through it, I know you will :slight_smile: