1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a little more comfortable, coming out at school/work

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SwimScotty, Mar 12, 2016.

1. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yikes. It's been quite a while since I've been here.

I'm still in the process of coming out to people, both friends from high school and new friends in college. I'm out to one more guy from HS, a friend of mine who went into the Marines this year. He was fine with it, and I've still hung out with him a couple of times since then, both one-on-one and with a group of people. Even went out to dinner together once.

On campus, I'm out to several more people just because friends. The majority of people are pretty accepting. The other assistant stage manager for my play last month is gay too, so we had some conversations about boys. The lead actor was pretty cute.

At work, I'm out to two more people. One of whom asked the dreaded, "Why don't you have a girlfriend" question, which I hate to answer, but I went ahead and told him because he's a pretty nice guy. I'm also out to one of the other supervisors; I was out to her sister last year, and it just came up in conversation with her too.

Still not out to my dad or brother or to any other family members besides my mom. Not sure when the time for that will come around. I think my brother suspects, but not entirely sure.