1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The coming out of Alex

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Alex19, Feb 17, 2009.

?

were you forced out?

1. yes

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. no

41 vote(s)
    85.4%
  1. Alex19

my outing was not by choice. it was basically me dodging bullets, like usual, as to why i didnt have a girlfriend and finally i was cornered (metaphorically) by my mom and i dont remember what she asked but i didnt give an answer, my father showed up they asked me again, i didnt answer (i couldnt gather the courage to say those 2 words- i was unprepared!). my sister showed up, knowing what was going on and what was about to happen, and then they got the picture. my mom left the room holding her mouth saying "o my God. I cant believe it." my dad was fine about it, my sister giggled b/c she basically knew- who didnt. i was an obvious homo even though i had denied it many times.

So we talk, my mom is in my sisters room, crying saying "its so sinful" (i found that out later on when my sis told me.) my sis didnt really care. she was very cool about it. my father hinted that i needed to ask God to help me change (been there, done it- didnt work) and assured me that he still loved me. When i was trying to go to sleep later that night, my mother re-enters my room and hugs me from the back and says she still loves me. it was great that they took it so well, but still think its a sin and whatnot. its really a work in progress. i had told 2 of my friends about a week or 2 b4. and then my sisters boyfriend asked me and i said yea. he was cool with it too. my friends i now consider my best friends and i have yet to come out to anyone else. im working on it though!

let me know if your story is similar- id like to know!

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

My mom has tried to corner me that way too but I think she knows. She's just waiting for ME to say something instead of embracing me about it wholeheartedly. She's hinted at it too. She even had the audacity to ask me but I couldn't help but lie. >_<) I wasn't ready but I wished I had said yes.

Ask God to have you change? If it is indeed sinful to be gay then why did God give you the ability to be gay? Because it certainly is NOT a choice. Then, if we're modeled after the angels who're after God, then perhaps, God is a sinner!?

I've never been 'outed' like that and when I was it was just to a few friends who I moved away from to another state so it never spread. But my friend got outted because he had relations with another minor and his parents claimed he got raped. They went over to his house and screamed and threatened with law suits and even called the cops. Though the cops told him: "There's nothing wrong with what you did. Its not your fault."

:frowning2: His parents disowned him pretty much...it sucks for him.

3. Alex19

trust me- i know it isnt a sin. thats just what i have to get my parents to see somehow...

4. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Do what I do to those Bible thumping jerks. Turn their own divine edict and logic on them. Force them into a reoccurring fallacy. :slight_smile: When they can't refute it, they often give up in frustration and that's how you win.

5. Greggers

Try doing that when your the only person you know whos not a bible thumper. Every friend ive ever made, every family member ive ever known, every teacher ive ever had, they ALL bible-thump. "This life is only here to tell others about the bible" is basically how everyone around me is. You can try turning logic against them, but its about as useful as throwing a grain of salt into a sea of slugs. Sure, salt > slugs, but you need the numbers to be on your side as well :frowning2:

6. Alex19

yea. i wish God would come down and tell the world how messed up it is. i think to myself all the time: Id stake my life that it isnt a sin. and i know just b/c it doesnt feel like a sin. usually, if u do something wrong youll know, right? but it isnt the case with this as u all know. (repetitive with the knows, arent i? lol)

7. Bryan44

I havent come out to my parents. But they sound alot like your parents. They think its a sin and if anyone who is gay really wanted to change they could with Gods help.

8. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Oh, and Ihate parents who like to think Gay's are crusading around the world for a more gay earth. Lol Isnt that funny? There is no gay Hitler to date, but if one arose...that would be kinda scarey. "Death to the heteroes!" (And yes I know Hitler was bi-sexual)

Bible thumpers, no matter the size scare me.

9. Alex19

hitler was bi???!!!

10. bruenor92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ok well i hvnt outed yet but something happened to me this past weekend and it was so damn awkward and scary and now my parents r acting all weird around me, (the whole situation had to do with my ex, by the way) now my sister is tellin me that i need to tell my dad vuz she knows he knows somehow and if he ( my ex) wouldnt have came to my house i wouldnt have to be doin this but my sis is comin down here this weekend and im gonna bring my only friend who knows about me over and then im just gonna have to tell my dad and stepmom, im not gonna tell my mom, shes a religious nut. im just so scared to tell them, if he wouldnt have cam down here this wouldnt even be on my mind for the next few yrs. :frowning2:

11. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Lol That whole post was extremely vague. Can you be more specific?

12. Vector

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For the whole being gay = sin thing, I think there's a PFlag video available called 'for the bible tells me so', or something like that, which may help.

In fact, here's a trailer and synopsis. I'm not sure where you can find the real thing but I'm sure someone else here might be able to help you out with that.

13. Bryan44

yep you can watch it via youtube :icon_bigg

14. FinalFantasyFan

A lot of the people who bible-thump are too tied up in the language of the text to actually look for the meaning behind the words. First of all, those who look to Leviticus as the definitive proof that homosexuality is evil need to read all of Leviticus. Not only does it condemn homosexuality as a sin, but it also condemns wearing a garment made of more than one kind of thread as repulsive to god. (19:19-ish I think.) Also, most of those "laws" were written at a time that knew little about disease and safety. Which explains things like saying you can't eat pork (trichinosis), because it caused trouble that wasn't fully understood. They most definitely aren't to be interpreted as solid laws nowadays. I hope that these arguments can help stop the bible-thumping instinct in your parents.:grin:

15. Nodnarb

Congrats on being out to them:slight_smile:, and I hope they come around completely(*hug*).

I was pretty much forced out in two of my three coming outs. It went fine both times, but I didn't know if I was ready for them to know at the time.

16. Alex19

thanks for the support! and ill have to look into that video...

17. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't really help much with your situation myself, since I came out totally voluntarily and to a positive reception. I finally decided that I wanted to tell my mom, I did, she reacted very well, she told her sister who also reacted well, and we're doing pretty fine right now. But I hope you can work through whatever comes your way.

18. Crackajack

Crackajack Guest

I think the bible is contradictory in this "department" of sayingy thing stuff, I'm not religous because of that, i also dont think god is real anyway, and even if he was, he is a mean, mean person :dry:. Nice story anyway, You got good parents :icon_wink

19. Alex19

yea theyre pretty cool. they just gotta get over this "sin" factor about my life.

20. Stuie

Anyway, even if it is a sin, can't you ask for forgiveness from God?
    I'm hardly the person to ask though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: