1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate My Coming Out to Crush Experience

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JedenPolska, Mar 24, 2016.

1. JedenPolska

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey everyone, was just hoping for some feedback and advice for coming out to any future crushes (or other straight guys) after my own. So I think it went pretty well considering he was straight; please give a rating out of 10 though. The full conversation is down below

Change of topic here: but what if I told you I liked guys?

I guess it wouldn't shock me

Ok. Explain

Would you consider yourself bi or do you only like guys?

I consider myself bi

Alright, idk what exactly but I just had a slight feeling you might be bi, have you told anyone else this

Yeah
    It's more of an 80/20 split for me

What do you mean?

I'm not equally attracted to guys and girls

Ohh I gotcha which is which

I'm more into guys
    I don't have that many friends that are guys and didn't want to make things awkward between us

Are you saying you like me?

I didn't mean to say that

Sorry, gotcha

Nothing would ever work out between us, cuz you're straight

Yea

I don't mind if you want to tell C or someone else about me btw

Alright. I mean I have no reason to go around telling everyone. Just curious from an outside perspective, when did you kinda realize you are or might be interested in guys?

I'm going to say 12. But I think my attraction was there before, I think 7th grade was when I really acknowledged it though

Gotcha

Feel free to ask any other questions

I can't really think of any, but just it's cool of you to come out, I'm sure it can't be an easy thing to do since you don't know how people are going to react

Thanks, I'm glad you didn't react badly

No problem, I mean there's no reason to

You still took 9 minutes to answer, which kinda freaked me out

I was just getting settled into my hotel room, visiting tech

Oh, that's cool
    I was also taken aback when you asked me if I liked you. Wasn't expecting that question

Idk like I don't really text other guys much unless it's a group message and i was wondering why you would tell me of all people.

Yeah, I just didn't want to make things possibly worse by telling you that I liked you. I'm pretty good at getting over people that y'know will never work out

Sorry dude that must be tough

Eh, things could always be worse. Anyway have a good tour

Yea I gotta get up early for it so I'm going to bed

Please share your opinions!

#1 JedenPolska, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  2. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off, Congratulations on coming out to a crush. That takes a lot of courage and you did a great job. :eusa_clap

I would say that was a 9-10 out of 10 for him being straight for the following reasons:

-He didn't seem to have any negative reaction to you coming out to him
    -He seemed interested in learning more about your sexuality after telling him instead of withdrawing/distancing themselves like someone who is homophobic would do.
    -He seemed to genuinely understand that you can't control who you are attracted to/crush on when you let him know (accidentally?) that you liked him in that way.
    -He showed empathy with your situation of having crushes on people that are not interested in same-sex relationships. The way he handled it was very positive and non-judgemental.

Keep us informed on how things go next time you hang out. Too many people start a thread and never give this type of information afterwards which is very useful for others in judging the reactions that they get coming out. It sounds like nothing will change between you two except being able to be honest about dating interests/future relationships.

#2 TXTurbo90, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  3. JedenPolska

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Will definitely keep you informed! The funny thing about it is that I thought about coming out to him since November, and kept trying to plan a good way to come out (because part of me was holding on to the hope he'd say he was curious or something), and I kinda just realized there's no need to keep this stress of telling him in a perfect settting. Obviously I'm disappointed that it really looks like he's straight (although maybe I shouldn't have been all 'it won't work out because you're straight' and assigning him that label), but I hope we can be better friends then through this. Do you think I made it obvious enough that he was my crush?

4. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That went well.

10 out of 10: He appears to be a cool guy.

The only problem is that now most of the rest of us are now in love with your crush. :grin:

5. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think he definitely knows your his crush, but is straight and can't reciprocate those feelings. If he is questioning, I would wait for him to make a move on you as he has already accepted you and it would be foolish to push the issue.

6. JedenPolska

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yesterday, I saw him in class (we sit next to each other in AP Lang) for the first time since the text message. We didn't talk at all, but that isn't that unusual, since we didn't talk much before the coming out anyway. And for most of the class, we were doing a group essay, and I was assigned in another group. I want to try and become better friends with him, but do you think that would be weird now?

#6 JedenPolska, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016