1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My kind of, sort of, not actually coming out story.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Dysfunctions, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Dysfunctions

Out Status:
    A few people
    So awhile back now I decided to ''come out'' well sort of come out of the closet.

Now mind you I wasn't at the time ready to come out but my sister didn't really care for this fact and decided to tell our mother that I identified as a male and wanted to be refereed as such, even though I told her before hand not to tell anyone because I wasn't sure at the time that I told her which was I believe in 2014 and my sister told my mother, then my father, then my other sister and her fiance and then she told my Nana. My sister also told my friends (and her friends without my permission) rather then me telling them myself, the only person I myself told was my ex boyfriend and he is supportive.

I myself wasn't ready to come out to those people until I was 100% sure I knew I felt that way which wasn't until later in 2015 but I myself still said nothing to those people until I knew what words I wanted to say, which I still haven't told them to their faces. I only kind of officially came out on the 5th of January 2016 at 2:46pm (or it could of in fact been later in 2015), I came out on Facebook now as for the reason why I decided to come out through facebook rather then tell them through handing them a letter or telling them to their face is because I would of had an anxiety attack if I had done either of those things back then. Even doing it through facebook caused me to stress out and have a anxiety attack, when I came out most of my friends were supportive of me. My family I have no idea about besides my Dad who is supportive, otherwise I'm clueless to how my other family feels. I haven't told extended family or cousins either. I don't even know if I should or not mainly because I don't interact with them everyday...who knows, my sister probably has already spilled the beans (even knowing now how I told her I'm uncomfortable with the fact that she is doing so but she doesn't listen to me anyway so there isn't any point of me telling her to stop.)

#1 Dysfunctions, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016