1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sister is a boss. A mother-eff'in boss!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MsEmma, Apr 6, 2016.

1. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so I also posted this over in the Gender corner on the Small Victories thread, but screw it, this is huge to me. My middle sister is a champ. I came out to her today on the phone. Long convo, I cried, she was awesomely supportive. OMFG, how did I get so lucky? Anywho, I shared with her later via email the letter I've been working on (slightly old draft is here). Here is her reply email:

-----

My dearest Emma,

You are the bravest person I know! I think your letter is beautiful and perfect! It is, at the same time, heartbreaking and courageous. I wish I'd known all these years. I wish I could have helped you. But what matters now is that I know and I can support you and your family.

[Oldest sister], mom, dad and I have wondered why you seemed distant and why it seemed hard to connect with you. It all makes sense now. I had actually planned to talk to you soon to see if you were upset with us or if [wife] had a problem with us. I'm so happy that you called me today. As soon as you said you had something to tell me, I knew what it was. I support you 100% and am here for you always! I'm so grateful that you chose to reveal your true self instead of turning to suicide.

[Middle Sister]

----

Is that not fucking textbook on how to respond to a transgirl's coming out to her sister?!?! I was in tears. I'm getting misty just rereading it. Damn, where's a girl's box of Kleenex when I need it?

2. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations Emma! I'm super happy for you and it's awesome that your sister is so supportive. I really have no other words other than I'm really proud of you and glad it went well. I hope things continue to work out and that your journey moving forward will be filled with more successes (*hug*)

3. Bazinga87

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats Emma that is awesome and I'm glad that you have some additions to your support structure. I hope I'm so lucky when the time comes