1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ace's story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by aceabegq, Apr 10, 2016.

1. aceabegq

Out Status:
    A few people
    This is a really awesome website, and really I needed somewhere I could talk about what's happened in my life and if people feel/have had similar experiences.

I'll probably add to this as it gets longer/more stuff changes. So far I identify (simply) as Bi and Trans. Mainly because it's two of the letters in LGBT which is easier to understand for those who don't want to think too much into gender or sexuality.

I had thought about it a lot, and I always felt uncomfortable during discussions about the female body. I did want breasts for a while, then felt very uncomfortable when they appeared. I started to question a bit more whether or not I was a guy. I felt like it a lot, it wasn't really a definable feeling, but I definitely had days when I felt truly masculine. I would look at my body and want to see a hard chest instead of breast, and it would distress me to see that. :dry:

I was at the hospital, with my long hair, and a nurse called me "young man". Even without looking like one, I was so so happy. (Less so when my mum needlessly corrected her). I was told a lot that I had a deep mans voice, even though I didn't present as a man.

Yea so I cut my hair short - and got a really positive reaction. I changed my name on facebook to something more masculine (I had to brush it off as a joke later :/) but a lot of people came to ask what name they should call me by. It was very supportive and I was thrilled. Someone even told me outright they thought of me as a guy! Happy days.

I started to think more seriously about whether or not I wanted to be a full on guy. Deep voice, muscles, the whole stereotype. I thought I wanted that. Now I realize, that there is no set 'guy' that I should try to become. I'm very happy about that. It took a while to think about it, but I am way way way more comfortable referring to myself as Genderqueer than anything else. Sometimes I am OK in my body, but often I wish I had the secondary characteristics of a male.

Sexuality/Romantic
    I came out pretty early as Bi. I didn't even really think, except that I was super duper nervous. It was never something I really questioned, there are a lot of Bi people in my area so it was always sort of "you like girls? cool."
    I've had time to think on it, and it's probably more accurate to say that I'm pan-romantic than Bi as I have had romantic feelings for people outside of the binary as well as those inside it.
    I'm completely Asexual. Like totally. When I had a partner, I was very uncomfortable thinking about any sort of sexual thing. Kissing was ... OK, I wasn't really into it. The reason behind it, I love that, but the actual feeling wasn't that nice. Hugging is everything to me in relationships.

#1 aceabegq, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016