1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I came out so far...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Embi, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Embi

Embi Guest

So the first person I came out to was my girlfriend and that wasn't very special. I knew her sexuality, she already knew I was questioning, I told her, done.

After some time I really wanted my three closest friends to know it. I originally planned to tell them together but in one pause where I was with only two of them, I couldn't keep it inside anymore. I asked them if they wanted to go to the next gay pride event with me and one of them asked if you were allowed to go there as a straight person. I said, of course and said that there are even straight ally flags. Then I mentioned that mine has the colors pink, purple and blue. One of my friends didn't even hear and said something else, but my other friend asked what that means. I wanted to proudly say that I am bisexual but all that came out was a silent "bi". I had such a lump in my throat! It was so difficult, I thought it would be easy :confused: My friend asked again and I repeated. She asked, if that meant I liked girls and boys. I said yes and then we talked a little and everything was normal.

I texted my other friend when I got home because I wanted to get it over with and also didn't want her to feel like I didn't want to tell her in case my other friends talked about it. She asked if I was joking or really meant it but made clear that she liked me no matter what.

So it went pretty well and I sometimes feel like my friends already forgot that I'm bi. I hope not :lol:

Now there's my parents and me being open about it left because I don't have the desire to come out to everyone I know individually, since it was already difficult to say to my closest friends. Damn, coming out is scary :dry:

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations.

I love the bit about the silent 'bi':grin:

Yea it can be scary!