1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TomboyGoth, Apr 25, 2016.

1. TomboyGoth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So i talked with my mom again (our deepest conversations happen always in the small hours of the night) and i saw an opening and told her that i'm probably gay, pretty sure that i am. She listened to me explaining and then just said that she thought it was a bit weird for me marrying a guy and that she saw that something was weird between me and my husband. And later she was just like, yeah, i kinda knew that you weren't actually straight.

It was a nice talk. I knew that she wouldn't be mad or anything but i mostly feared that she wouldn't believe me. I should probably give her more credit, she is quite perceptive. And i guess she had been dropping hints because last time i saw her she was talking about how ok she was with gays and so on.

I'm not going to come out to other family members soon because my aunt especially is a bit reserved. My grandma is way more accepting than she is. I remember one instance from maybe 13-15 years ago when one of my classmates came out and my aunt said to my mom that it is a shock for parents and think how it would feel if your kid came out as a lesbian. And my mom was just like, why would it be a shock, what does it matter. And i was thinking the whole time that i like girls too.. Now i'm starting to be pretty certain that i like only girls and it is nice to have support from my mom.

2. Really

Very cool. Congrats!