1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting there...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Agerardii, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Agerardii

Hi everyone, I found this site a while ago when I was dealing with telling my then girlfriend that I thought I was gay. I haven't been on for a while because I've been so busy with school, but I wanted to post an update, because I really appreciated the help I got back when. I really love this site, even when I'm not posting it's still nice to read everyone else's stories and advice. Anyway, I've been feeling really great about myself lately in terms of my sexuality. I've been going to my university's GLBT meetings. Last week I came out to a good friend who is in the same graduate program as me and her friend who I have been hanging out with a lot lately. They were both so amazing, it was such a non-issue with them (but in a good way). That's all. Six people now. Thank you so much ECers!

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your friends! That's awesome! :slight_smile:

It's great that you have started to feel better about yourself and have become more comfortable with who you are. Way to go!

3. Bryan44

Hey, good job! Congrats on coming out to your friends!

4. ArabMan

Very inspiring story, hope it only gets better for you from now on!

5. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's always great news when we see someone coming out and finding it wasn't as big a deal as they thought. Good for you and we are glad to be able to be there for each other. Walk Proud

6. James

Congratulations on coming out to your friends.

7. Agerardii

Thanks for all the kind words! I'm cautiously optimistic about the future - it seems like you never know which of your otherwise-liberal friends is a raging homophobe.

8. Greggers

I dont know if this helps, but ive found that it seems like you never know which of your otherwise-conservitive friends is a raging fag hag either :slight_smile:

It sucks when you think someone is going to be accepting, then they get all awkward and afraid of you - yea its happened to me a few times now, once with very close friend - but its one of the best feelings in the world to tell someone you expect to be bad with it, even someone who makes gay jokes, and they turn out to be your biggest supporter - and that has happend to me MORE than a few times haha

Congrats on coming out to 6! Stay strong cause you -are- strong (*hug*)

9. Alex19

good job! when i go to college next year, im gonna go to some gsa's if they have them (which i think they do).