1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm out, kinda

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Shunny Shun, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Shunny Shun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay. so this is my first post so i'll fill you in on my last few months.

It started in November two days before my brithday. I was at a Christmas party and the guy sitting next to me was openly gay. I started talking to him and we got along quite well, so the next day when he added me on facebook I told him I was gay. He then proceeded to tell one of my friends-girl that i was gay. She then didn't tell me that she knew for more than a month, and I found out that she and her boyfriend both already knew which is kool because they had already accepted me and made it easier.

So about three weeks ago I came out to another friend-girl. She took it really well, but I found out that she liked me all along. So then one week ago I did the same thing with another girl friend and she also took it really well although I had to repeat like it 6 times before she realized I wasn't kidding lol.

But now I'm not sure how to tell my guy friends. I'm not sure how they will take it and my biggest concearn is my best friend and his girlfriend, the two people i hang out with almost everyday that I haven't told yet. It's really hard to bring it up because no one would have even guessed for a second that I was gay, so it's kind of out of the blue. Although it's not like I've dated girls for the last 4 years.

Anyways I was just wondering how those of you who are out told your guy friends and how they took it.

2. hiddendc4

i understand how you're feeling, telling the guy friends in my life scares the shite outta me :eek: but i think that it is very doable lol, i also think that doing it at a time when you and them are fairly relaxed and unoccupied like gettin a drink with them and then just tell them. yea it may seem a little risky but they can really only act one of two general ways either they're gonna want nothing to do with ya or they will accept you for you, and quite frankly if they react with the former of those two reaction do you really need them around in your life? (*hug*) (*hug*)

3. DexterMorgan

Congrats on coming out to your girl friends!:thumbsup:

I dropped a few hints to my guy friends, and they figured it out themselves...They still had to ask me if I was gay, haha. They took it really well. Some of them really could care less if I was gay or not.:icon_bigg

Atleast you have a gay friend to talk to, I don't.:bang: