1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My coming out as of right now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by diegon3, Feb 24, 2009.

1. diegon3

Around sept. i told my sis dat night she kept telling me to be sure and get experience before i made "my choice". later on by da second week she was ok with it and i came out to my mom (all i practically did was say "i'm gay" my sis was da one doing da arguin)
    den 3 days later after my sis left bak to her home my mom came and told me dat is seemed so unsure about my own sexuallity and dat she doesn't think i'm sure of my college of choice if i'm not sure of myself(dat :***: )
    den bout a month bak i told a freshman dat had a small crush on me dat was kind of obvious so i had to tell her( told her through txt)
    and i did da same with another friend i havn't talked to in months
    i'm getting der next stop my bro den my dad

2. DexterMorgan

Congrats on coming out!:eusa_clap

Maybe your mom will understand if you have a good talk with her. Tell her how you feel about it, and how you've known.

3. Bryan44

Sounds like your on a roll..Good luck with your brother and dad!!

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out and being yourself around others! :slight_smile:

Sometimes it can take a while for parents to come around to it fully and to accept it. Most parents however do accept it eventually. You have help in that process by talking with your mum. You are best person to educate her. Also if you want, you can print out some educational material for her mum. The PFLAG website has a number of good pamphlets and brochures.
    (http://community.pflag.org/Page.aspx?pid=594)

Hopefully it won't take too long for her to come around to it.