1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to one friend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by PaperInkling, May 2, 2016.

1. PaperInkling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So first we were walking to her house (shes bisexual btw) (lets just call her Sarah). So Sarah asked someone out on a date today and she said she felt so good because shes been wanting to do it for a long time. Then I said "I hate that feeling when you want to say something and you don't." I honestly forget what she said after that but then I said "I have been wanting to say something for like a year" (MAJOR FRIGGIN HINT). Then she said "what" and then I chickened out and said "Oh nothing":bang:. So we were talking for a while longer and the topic of 'wanting to say something' came up again and she said "What was it you wanted to say." It got really quiet and then I said "I am..... Gay:tears:". Saying that felt crazy awkward and almost painful. I had never said that out loud and I still havent accepted my own sexuality. After I said it she said "Oh, Cool." I got really lightheaded and walked into a pole and I was groaning and weird noises:dry: (I probably looked like a freak). Lets just say for the rest of that walk I was a nervous wreck and most the things I said probably made no sense because I was mixing words up. Well at least I came out, after I said it the conversation instantly changed (she was probably trying to make it as least awkward as possible for me). Being gay is so annoying ugh... I will never be comfortable with myself. It was so hard saying it out loud because it was another phase of excepting myself.:icon_sad:

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats, that is really good news! Telling someone for the first time is the hardest part, but it typically gets much easier after that. It's kind of a life-long process but I guarantee you that it will become less and less of a big deal as time goes on and you become more comfortable with your identity. We're all different and unique and I feel it's something to embrace and not be ashamed of. :slight_smile:

3. Sharka Sharka

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thats awesome news!

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Congrats, seriously. That takes a lot of courage. You should be very proud of yourself. And yes, it is awkward sometimes. Don't beat yourself up for it! You did awesome and that's a huge step that you just made. That rocks.
    And remember, time can change things. It can change how others feel and it can change how you feel.

I remember one of the first people I came out to was my best friend who was bi. I found it strange afterward that I was so incredibly nervous and terrified to come out to her, of all people. Sometimes it can be the people who are most accepting who can be the hardest to tell. Sometimes it's hardest to tell those we're closest you. But it's all okay in the end.

You may feel some embarrassment and weird vulnerability coming out of it, that's normal. But now you have a friend who knows! You have someone who you can talk to if you want, or just to be there, to know. You did that for yourself so be proud!

5. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Amazing. You walked into a pole?

Seriously though, great job. It takes a lot of courage to come out and you did it. That's something to be proud of, not ashamed. What was awkward at first you'll be laughing about in the future.

7. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratz! Its gonna be much easier from now on, trust me :slight_smile:

8. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first time I said it out loud to some one else it was 'freaky' and life changing.

Be proud of yourself for saying it out loud! You took a huge step in your life.

(*hug*)

9. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations!
    Anyway, the more you come out, it will get easier.