1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just kind of came out to my dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Rowe, May 3, 2016.

1. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, today I joined my school's diversity club. My dad picked me up, and I was talking about the things we did. We got home when I mentioned the teacher told us about a dance at the Boston City Hall for LGBT+ kids. He asked if there are a lot of LGBT kids there, and I said yeah. He asked if there are any heterosexual kids there, and I said "Probably". That's what led him to asking "So, what do you consider yourself?" I just thought to myself, "Oh, well I guess I'm coming out now...". I just went "Eh" like I didn't really hear him. He asked if I consider myself heterosexual, and I said "Eh". Now he assumed the "Eh"s were like "Not really anything". So, he asked "Do you consider yourself asexual?" I said "Eh", but a little higher than before, so it sounded like a yes without actually saying that. He just said "Well, our genes are meant to be heterosexual, but it is the way it is", and we just went back to how we normally act. I guess I should come out to my mom and sister now, so they hear it from me.

2. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Update: Nope, still in. But, my mom now keeps asking me. I know she'd be okay, but I think it's too late. If I tell her, she'll know I know what my sexuality is, and think I was hiding it from her. So, I'm kind of stuck in the deck (the asexual, or "Ace", version of the closet) right now.

#2 Rowe, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016