1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joined a gay support/social group!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kayar, Feb 25, 2009.

1. kayar

:smilewaveHi guys, I did it!(!)

You've probably most of you been reading the positive and inspiring journey of member 'EM68' here on EC.

Well, he's inspired me to seek out a gay support and social group here in the UK; similar to the one he has joined in the US. I found the details of one near me on the internet last week, and exchanged e-mails with one of their members who does the job of 'facilitator' for them.

Then this morning, I met with him for a coffee and a chat about the group. He was a really friendly guy whom I found I could very easily talk to, and he has given me his assurance that I can rely on him for advice and support whenever I need it. The group's next 'club-night' is Friday next week (March 6), and I'm now really looking forward to going. He's offered to introduce me to lots of the other members at the club-night, so I'll not be on my own at all. I'm feeling really pleased I've managed to take this step in my 'coming out as a gay man' journey, and I'm very grateful for the inspiration I've had from 'EM68' and from all you guys too. Thank you. :kiss:

I really love you all! Kayar. (*hug*)

2. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Great to hear you're moving down your path. We're all still here on the sideline, cheering for you....Walk Proud

3. riddlerno1

Yay, go u!! I joined like a walk in support group few months ago. Evryone there was really amazing and helpful. Played a big part in my first coming out. I think you'll find it really helpful. Such a good step!

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome! Enjoy the meeting...

I found that being part of a support group can be really helpful...

5. Alex19

good for u! im sure itll do wonders.

6. kayar

That's amazingly great of you guys! Thanks so much for your good wishes, I hope you know how great you are. I love you!

Kayar. X

7. EM68

Hi Kayar. You are more that generous. I had not heard about the meet up groups until a few weeks ago. I had such a great time at these events and wanted to share my experiences with everyone. I know that there are a number of people here that are lonely. There is not reason to be lonely just take the time to seek out these groups and join them. :slight_smile:

8. s5m1

Congratulations! That is a great step forward. Now go and have some fun.