1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another one bites the dust

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by limfjord96, Feb 26, 2009.

1. limfjord96

so this girl i used to work with who i know used to have a huge crush on me texted me to see what i was up to....so i said fuck it, and told her i was depresed and and confused and she wanted to know why. So, she used to call me cupcake, so said "well lets just say i am a little more cup then cake, or i am a little bit more of a cupcake then you originally expected." and so ensued the text conversation and now she so happy i told her and we are going to sushi to catch up.....what a feeling. I was going to tell another friend at the dinner and movie but then my bro and his gf joined, and i want to tell them all but not at the same time...damn way scary. and now i am sitting next to my bro and i want to say something but i cant and he is right here. But hey atleast i got another notch on my belt.

2. Greggers

Yaaaaaaaay Dan! Thats so amazing :slight_smile: Go find my thread i posted today hah, i had my own adventure xD

That must feel great though, eh? Im glad she took it well. And dont worry about not going from closeted to 100% out in a week your doing really well :slight_smile: Super proud of you for taking that step, because you didnt have to tell her yet you did anyways. (*hug*)

Dan! Dan! Dan! *cheers*

3. limfjord96

thanks buddy

4. RaRa

*joins in the cheering*

Congrats! :slight_smile:

5. EM68

Congrats! You are taking big steps. You should be proud of yourself.

6. Bryan44

Congrats Dan the man! :thumbsup:

7. Alex19

keep it up! good luck

8. jangel

It gets easier (or we get a thicker skin) Being gay basically is a never ending coming out story. Once you tell everyone you can think of ...you make a new friend...or get a new job ect. I am not saying I wave a rainbow flag I like people to get to know me first ...but then what question comes up "are you seeing anyone" and I am out and honest so ...another coming out LOL In my experience though most people who get to know me first are cool with it (only 2 people have turned away from it in 7 years so my luck is good and they are people I wouldnt want as friends anyhow so at least I got that out of the way quick). Congrats on your recent coming out and wishing you the best of luck...love yourself and others will too -Jen

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome! Congratulations on coming out to her! :slight_smile:

No worries about coming out to your brother. In time you will be able to come out to him as well. The more you come out the easier it will get. If you feel that you are ready to come out to him why not just meet up with him alone? Good luck!

10. limfjord96

So I told my best friend from work today...lol....i told him that i was a little more agains prop 8 then he could have suspected, but he said he expected as much, and he said he is the biggest straight advocate against prop 8 and it saddens him to see anyone struggle with this let alone his best friend in SD, so that made me happy...the more peopek i tell the more i feel like "fuck ill tell.: so anyone that brings it up is pretty much going to get a straight or gay i guess answer...i wont go out of my way to tell, but i wont lie anymore, it hurts too bad and fucks with my head too much..sorry for the language

11. Bryan44

Thats awesome Dan. Im happy for you.

12. limfjord96

thanks...it feels good..i think i am half way done with those that i want to tell, but like i said i feel like everyone here (especially you) have said so many good things, most importantly to stop trying to live for everyone around me and start living for myself...so yeah

13. limfjord96

LOL..ok so i was texting my friend still and here is what he said..."hey we will talk more later, get some sleep. Im your friend through think and thin and this aint thick, ya know. Ill kick everyone at MC (my work) to the curb before u. But you should know that you are a full blown dusche for not trusting some one before now, fucker. Could have saved urself a lot of angst by confiding in the past resident of SAN FRANCISCO!!!!" I loved that, he used to live in SF, and i thought this was a funny way to say he was cool with it...lol

14. Bryan44

haha, now thats a great friend!

15. RaRa

LOL! That's great. ^_^

And really? He's from San Fran and you held it off for that long? xD

Congrats! :slight_smile:

16. ricoca

YAY :grin: i'm happy for you Dan, truly am.

17. EM68

Dan you are making a lot of progress in such a short time. I am proud of you. Now go out and enjoy life!! :slight_smile:

18. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay! Great how they are all so accepting.

And don't worry about not coming out to your brother. It's hard (trust me, I know. I'm right now sitting next to mine and have ried telling him three times today already, but every time the words freeze in my mouth before I finished drawing that first deep breath...)

19. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dan, you're doing an amazing thing at your age and I know the weight that is being lifted from you. I can see an amazing transformation in just the past week! Spreading your wings has been an inspiration to an old guy like me because I wish I could have done the same at your age....I am so envious and proud of you. You really rock my friend.. walk Proud